RES Staff Update
February 19-23, 2018
Staff Dress for This Week
Monday-Professional Dress or Jeans if you helped with the WATCH D.O.G.S. breakfast
Tuesday-Team Shirt Tuesday with jeans or professional dress
Wednesday-Professional Dress or Jeans if you helped with the WATCH D.O.G.S. breakfast
Thursday-Professional Dress or jeans if you helped with the WATCH D.O.G.S. breakfast
Friday-College Shirt with jeans
In light of the recent school shooting at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School, I first want to say "thank you". I know you chose this profession; however, I don't think any of us ever pictured that we'd be teaching in schools where it was necessary to have to keep our doors locked and install bulletproof glass just to deter the possibility of an attack. I'm thankful we are in a district that maintains safety as a priority. I'm thankful for all that you do on a daily basis to help support students' emotional needs. You are often the first responder to a child in crisis. Whether it is noticing that they arrived at school distraught over something big or small--but undoubtedly big in their world, or that they might be eating alone or playing alone, and you have stepped in to make sure they do not feel isolated. Your role is so much more than what others realize. Regardless of how others view educators, please know that you are appreciated each and every day!
Calendar Reminders and Updates
Benchmarks are taking place on Tuesday and Wednesday (please double check schedules to see if you have any changes)
Progress reports go home on Wednesday
PTO is providing King Cakes on Thursday
Gerletti is at the Raise Your Hand Texas Conference Wednesday through Friday
Please add to your calendar:
Multi-Cultural Committee will meet on Thursday, March 1 at 8:00 am.
A Multi-Cultural "Showcase" will take place on Tuesday, May 1 for our families. Families will have the opportunity to prepare a display to share their culture. This event will take place after school. The Multi-Cultural committee will be finalizing details soon and information will be sent home to parents.
Upcoming Benchmark Testing
February 20: 4th Writing & 5th Math
February 21: 5th Reading
March 26: 3rd & 4th Math
March 27: 3rd & 4th Reading
March 28: 5th Science
The schedule and important information is shown below.
Employee Perception Survey
- Garland will be here on February 26-28!
- Our Name That Book team will be competing at the district competition on Tuesday, February 27 at 5:30 pm.
- Our last E-track session will take place on Thursday, March 1.
- The 4th (?) Annual Robison Chili Cook-Off will take place on Monday, March 5. Each team may have one entry. District staff from Spillane Middle School will serve as our judges!
- Staff meeting on Thursday, March 8 at 7:40 am.
- Spring Break: March 12-16!
Superintendent's Fun Run
New info: Staff members who participate and purchase a t-shirt may wear that shirt on Thursdays in April (we'll have jeans days on Mondays in April for Staff Appreciation) and Mondays in May!
The district has made some changes to this wonderful event which supports the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation, beginning with reduced prices. There is even a "sleep-in" option for those that just want to support the event but are unable to be there, or who don't really want to walk or run. Our very own Robison Runners will be participating, so consider joining in with our students and families. Dr. Henry always awards the campuses with the highest participation. Let's be a winner this year!
The following information was shared at our DLT meeting:
· This year’s event has a 5k and a 1 mile, family-friendly run, with more affordable pricing.
· The 5k offers an adult and student cost. The 1 mile is $5 for each participant.
· Shirts can be purchased for $10 and are the same soft fabric as in previous years. This year the color is grey.
· The sleep-in pass is an option for those who know they cannot attend the race on March 24 but would still like to make a donation to the event. Your campus or department will get credit for this as a participant.
· Additional donations to the event can be made on the registration form.
· Individuals whose registrations/donations total or exceed $100.00 will be part of the Superintendent’s Century Club and will receive special recognition at the event.
Here is the link to the hub: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/Njk2MzE4MDE5Nlpa/p/NzAyNjg1MzMzN1pa/details
Thank you for a great 1st session of e-track. We only have one session left. Please be sure to upload your pictures to the E-track folder on the staff drive. It's in the 2017-2018 folder for the staff. Our last session will be:
Thursday, March 1 (rescheduled from January 17)