By-- Emily Rayl
15.9994 grams per. mole
*1 mole in chemestry has 6.022*10.23 molecules and weighs about 17 grams.
Who decoverd my element?
Joseph Prietley and Carl Wilhem Scheele.
Common uses of my elements.
Oxidizer-Rocket Propulion-Medicine-Welding-Oxygen for air for breathing.
Is it a solid, liquid, or gas.
- Animals and plants require oxygen for respiration
- Oxygen gas is colorless, orderless, and tasteless
- Liquid and solid oxygen and pale Blue
- Oxygen is a nonmetal
- Oxygen gas is normally is the divalent molecule O2. Ozone O3 is another form of pure oxygen.
- Oxygen supports combustion
- Oxygen is paramagnetic
- Approximagnetic 2/3 of the mass of the human body is oxygen
- Excited oxygen is responsible for the bright red bright yellow-green colors of aurora
- Oxygen was the atomic weight standard for the other elements until 1961 when it was replaced by carbon 12