- 5 examples: Apples *Strawberries *Tomatoes* Red Bell peppers * Watermelon
- Red foods help increase heart and circulatory health, improve memory, support urinary tract health, and decrease the risk of certain types of cancers.
- And to Prevent bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract wall and reduce inflammation in the body.
- 5 Examples: Carrots* Mango* Grapefruit *Pumpkin*Peaches
- Orange foods are high in antioxidants such as vitamin C, carotenoids, and bioflavonoids. Eating orange foods has been linked to skin and eye health, increased immunity, decreased risk of cancer, and a healthy heart.
- And to promote healthier digestion, reduce inflammation in the body, and help reduce your risk of cancer.
- 5 Examples: Honeydew *Grapes*Kiwi*Cabbage*Green beans
- Green fruits and vegetables contain varying amounts of potent phytochemicals such as lutein and indoles. Benefits include a lower risk of some cancers, improved eye health, rejuvenated musculature and bone, and strong teeth.
- High in calcium and iron, this veggie has been linked to stronger teeth, bones, and muscles, and a decreased risk of cancer.
- 5 Examples: Blueberries *Blue Potatoes *Black berries *Plums*Beats
- These colorful foods get their bright hue from anthocyanins, which have been linked with antioxidants and anti-aging properties in the body.
- Blue and purple foods help promote bone health, and have been shown to lower the risk of some cancers, improve memory, and increase urinary-tract health. The main benefit of blue and purple foods is increased circulation and microcirculation
- 5 Examples: coconuts*Mushrooms*Rice*Onions*Garlic
- White fruits and veggies have been linked to lower cholesterol, decreased blood pressure, and a lower risk of heart disease.
- The key benefit of white foods is increased immunity. Eating white foods helps enhance the immune system, the lymph systems, and aids in cellular recovery.
- 5 Examples: Potatoes*Pecans*Peanuts*Walnuts*CocoaBean
- Brown colored foods are excellent for your heart and help prevent diabetes.
- Also helps to get fiber.
- 5 Examples: Corn*Yellow Bell peppers * Lemon*Pears*Yellow Apples
- To promote good digestion and optimal brain function.
- High in alpha- and beta-carotenes, yellow foods have also been linked to increased immunity a decreased risk of some cancers, and healthy eyes and skin.