すいようび - Wednesday
Culture Discussion Due
Submit Lesson 4 Culture Discussion + 2 Comments Today
- Post your Lesson 1 Cultural Discussion Post today
- Navigate to Course Modules > Module 2 > Lesson 4 > M2L4 Culture Notes
- Carefully read the information posted there about family life, the pressure of school and Japan's aging population and its impacts on the modern family in Japan
- When you're done, navigate to Course Modules > Module 2 > Lesson 4 > M1L4 4.4 - Cultural Discussion
- Carefully review the Discussion Rubric and criteria on the page before and after writing your post - this list what criteria I will use to determine your grade on the assignment. Be sure your post adequately covers all of the criteria.
- The link to the discussion board is at the top of the page.
- Remember that you must submit 2 comments to your classmates' posts to get full credit!
- Posts should be at least 2-3 paragraphs long with around 4-6 sentences in each paragraph.
- Response posts should be thoughtful, at least 2 sentences, and must add to and/or promote further discussion,
- Good quality posts and 2 quality responses will earn you a good grade on this assignment.
Counters for People
Japanese has a lot of different counters for different things, but this week we're only focusing on the ones we'll use to count people.
Note that hitori/futari and yonin are irregular. For 7 people use nana nin - not "shichi" and for 9 people use Kyuu nin and not "ku"
L4 Writing Assignment Feedback
I have graded all of the L4 writing assignments that were submitted as of yesterday evening.
Overall I am very impressed with the good quality of work I've seen so far. Keep writing the hiragana characters over and over again. It's a great way to learn and memorize them.
This week's writing assignment had material on the 2nd page. Please submit those too if you did not already.
Remember to consistently check your grades by clicking on My Grades in the left hand navigational toolbar. There you will see your scores and feedback on your assignments.
Feedback is very important because it will help you identify your strengths and areas where there is some room for improvement. In the event something went wrong with your submission, I will post feedback about that too and request a re-submission. Please be sure to always check your feedback after your assignments were graded.
If you have not submitted your L4 writing assignment - be sure to submit it today!
Today's Shout Outs!
Late start student Vanessa P. has been submitting assignments faster than I can grade em. THAT is the kind of attitude I love to see. Keep on rockin it Vanessa!
Contact Boutin Sensei
I can also be reached by these contacts outside of office hours, and am sometimes on BBIM during the day too.