Collaborating and Problem Solving to Change the World
We believe that Student Agency is an essential component of our learning environment. Students are the "agent" or person with the active role in their learning. Our teachers craft learning opportunities where students increasingly drive the learning by making, creating, doing, sharing, collaborating, and publishing in ways that are meaningful to them.
What does this look like?
5th Graders Plan and Implement Family Read Night
Leadership Among Students to Send Hunger Packing
Happenings - March 2018
We are currently accepting Choice Open Enrollment Applications for students in all grades for next school year. Call the office at 328-5500 to schedule a tour.
- Thursday, March 8 from 6-7:15 pm - Family Read Night. Join us for a fun evening of reading activities.
- Tuesday, March 13 from 5-6:30 pm - School Accountability Committee meeting in the Media Center Lab
- Tuesday, March 13 from from 6:30-8 pm - Westside Sing Choir Concert featuring our Chipeta Red Hot Treble Choir in the Coronado HS Auditorium
- Thursday, March 15 from 6:30-7:30 pm - 5th Grade Music Program in the Gym
- Friday, March 16 from 1:30-2:30 pm - Quarterly Conversation with the Principal
- Friday, March 23 (time TBD) - 1st Grade Collections Fair
Chipeta . . .
- is an inclusive community in which children are nurtured and challenged to become learners now and for the future.
- where students are self-directed learners collaborating, taking risks, and problem solving to change our world.
- strives to balance all of the competencies as we set high standards and levels of achievement and growth for all students.