Miss Colsten's Weekly Newsletter
September 30, 2016
The schedule for next week is below:
Monday, October 3rd- Pajama Day
Tuesday, October 4th- Superhero/Favorite Character Day
Wednesday, October 5th- Wacky Sock Wednesday
Thursday, October 6th- America Day (Red, White and Blue)
Friday, October 7th (Half Day)- HSE Royals Day/Blue and/or White
- Friday, October 7th – Half Day – Dismissal at 12:01, no lunch served
- Wednesday October 12 Picture retake day
- Thursday October 13 Liger Mile
- Friday October 14 PTO Spirit Day Colts or Blue Day
- Thursday, October 20th & Friday, October 21st – No school, Fall Break
- October 31 Field Trip to Holliday Park more information coming soon
Lunch and a Movie with Miss Colsten
I had fun with Parker at lunch this week! First one to save up to 50 Owl Bucks, way to go Parker!
Thanks to Eleanor's mom for being our Mystery Reader this week!
*Check out the link to both authors' websites at the bottom of this newsletter!
In Math we revisited positional words, ,shapes, number recognition, and began to talk about addition. Some students are adding double/triple digits and so we are talking about how they are solving them. Love when students take on the role of teacher! We'll continue to work on addition next week.
In Writing we started our very first book! A lot of our writing books will stay here at school in our writing portfolio, but occasionally you may see one come home. But know that students are really taking off and I'm proud of all their hard work.
Our sight words this week: this here (revisited) said (revisited)