Dec. 14, 2015
Gratitudes, Congratulations and Celebrations
Thanks to all those that did learning walks last Monday. Host teachers . . thanks for being brave and allowing teams to come and visit your classrooms for 15 - 20 minutes. Visiting teachers . . . thanks for the great debriefing sessions in which you found amazing long lists of effective practices and then reflected on your own practices so deeply. Great Job.
Gratitudes to Jen and Erica for keeping our front offices running smoothly and responding to so many parent, student, staff and principal needs and requests. You two are a great team and amazing women!
Congratulations to all that are contributing to our flooding model in such a positive manner. Teachers are sharing their ideas and information about core instruction during co-planning, interventionists are staying on top of decoding targets, but still also enhancing core instruction. All are collaborating and problem soling around those students who need extra support or extra pushes. Awesome work from all involved.
Thanks to the classified staff members who met with me at their staff meeting last week in the early morning hours. Your feedback, perspective and ideas were excellent and valuable.
CoPlanning Changing to One Day Per Week
TASKS TO COMPLETE THIS WEEK
- Sign up for a Mid-Year Dialogue for this week, if you did not already (all certified staff) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ewqG2Sh3S9LRh3eooeqhULo1K4axBbE8DmhVJ_7hq-Q/edit
- Turn in/share your lesson plans for reading, writing and math to Sarah.
- Be prepared for a fire drill at 12:15 pm today. I am unsure if this will actually occur. We will see what the weather is like and if maintenance guys are available still due to weather.
- Mid Year Dialogues - If you haven't signed up, do so on the google doc. Then come prepared to report and or show evidence of your progress toward your professional growth goal.
- Go to District Collab at Admin on Friday at 2:35 pm (certified only)
- Sign up your class for a Cafeteria Teach To for Monday, January 4th https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r0FjGHbwUdq9Gec48x4Kr9v_g2_6X-pRljaWOsUHC3A/edit
This Week's Events & Happenings
MID YEAR DIALOGUES (all week)
- Fire Drill @ 12:15 pm'
- Zack and Sarah walkthroughs 1:30 pm
- School Board Meeting - 3:00 - 8:00ish pm
- Short Social Committee Meeting 3:40 pm
- Co-Planning Math
- 3rd Grade Music Programs for school - 10:15 am
- CST Meeting - 2:30 pm
- 3rd Grade Musci Program for parents - 6:00 pm
- Elem Princ Collab - 10 am
- CDE Reps visiting East Elementary as part of a Pre-3 task force that Sarah is participating. No prep required for anyone except Sarah
- District Collab on Friday, Dec. 18 @ Admin (2:35 pm)
- NO CoPLanning for Reading on Friday
What's Happening Next Week? (Jan 4 - 8)
- Access Test Practices for all K - 5 ELL students
- Building Leadership Team Meeting - Mon, Jan 4
- IBS Problem Solving Team - Mon, Jan 4 4:00 pm
- CST and IEP Meetings - Tues, Jan 5
- 5th Grade iPad meeting (all principals, coaches and 5th grade teachers) - Tues, Jan 5 4:00 pm at Admin Building
- Elem Principal Collab - Wed, Jan 6 8:00 am
- UbD Team Meeting - Wed, Jan 6 4:00 pm
- PARCC Assessment Training for School Coordinators - Thurs, Jan 7 1:00 pm
- Building Collab - Fri, Jan 8 2:20 pm
- Art Days - Thurs & Fri, Jan 7 & 8
January Inservice Planning & Survey
The elementary principals and Amy Ward will be planning the upcoming January 11th Inservice day. Please complete this survey so that we can be focused on those prioritieshttps://docs.google.com/a/moffatsd.org/forms/d/1S4A7chxLYBB3NP0cU9tUbJcCRtcjMEyKOAZOrKIAVqk/viewform?c=0&w=1
Teach Tos in January
Next Round of Learning Walks - January 18th
Please let me know via email if you would be willing to be a host teacher.
Safety Tip - Cooking in Classrooms
No Reading CoPlanning This Friday (Dec. 18)
i3Seed Professional Development Opportunities
The registration deadline for an extended professional development opportunity is drawing near. The i3 SEED Team would like to invite you to join one of three Teacher Learning Communities (TLC):
Teacher Learning Communities are committed to leveraging professional growth through learning opportunities that integrate focused in-depth learning, individualized action research, and intentional collaboration with regional peers. If interested, please click on the TLC topic of your choice to be directed to the sign-up page.
The registration deadline is this Friday, December 11th, at 12 pm. If you have any questions about participating in a TLC, do not hesitate to contact me.
Have a wonderful day,
i3 SEED Innovation Coach
Northwest Colorado BOCES
work: 970-879-0391 ext. 310