Taking turns, being kind, no hitting policy
Friendships provide children with more than just fun playmates. Friendships help children develop emotionally and morally. In interacting with friends, children learn many social skills, such as how to communicate, cooperate, and solve problems. They practice controlling their emotions and responding to the emotions of others. This week PreK-4 have been talking about how to make and keep friends. We read stories to illustrate the proper ways to act with others and discussed our own ways to do so as well. We created a little booklet about friendship and continued talking about how to share and take turns. We also changed the numbers of lambs Mary had, from the popular rhyme “Mary Had a Little Lamb”, to practice our numbers. As a token for our friendship we made Buddy Bracelets and had such a fun week! To add some culture we spoke about Picasso, a very famous painter, and made our own Self Portraits- "A la Picasso"
All the best,
Ms. Lea, Ms. Nicole, and Ms. Karina.
a peaceful work of art
Picasso's Self Portrait
Building our home
a special visitor
books of the week
Recent studies overwhelmingly demonstrate that parent involvement in children's learning is positively related to achievement.
We want YOU to be involved in your child's classroom. How? Every Wednesday (when we don't have a Birthday planed) we will be having the option for you to come in and either...
1. Read a book to the children
2. Cook with them!!! (personal favorite)
Soon, we will be sending a document with the Wednesdays available in the semester for you to sign up. Parents will be responsible for the cost of the activity. In this way, we can all take turns and participate, share and help with the students' growth.
1. I will be out pf school, due to holidays, on Monday and Tuesday please make sure to contact Ms. Nicole email@example.com for any particular concern. (I apologize for the inconvenienve I can answer emails from Tuesday night 7:30)
2. This year UN Day will be October 21st.
3. Jeans for a great cause next Friday 2nd.
4. "Run 4Life" with FANLYC is from Saturday 17th at 8:00 am to Sunday 18th at 8:00 am in the Causeway/Amador, it's 5$.
5. Our yearbook picture will be taken Monday October 26th from 8:20 to 9:00 am.
6. NO CLASSES tomorrow Friday 25th :D