The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
By: Emily Tremblay
How Pray The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- Make the Sign of The Cross, say one Our Father, 1 Hail Mary, and The Apostles Creed
- On the Our Father beads say, "Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and the Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world."
- On the 10 Hail Mary Beads say, "For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world." (Repeat step 2 and 3 for all five decades)
- Conclude with (three times):
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
The Country That Saved Itself
- Brazil 1962 there was a looming threat of communist takeover in Brazil. A woman there named Dona Amelia Bastos was known to have formed a Rosary rally among the Brazilian women there to do their part in opposing the looming threat. Their goal was simply to pray the Rosary in large groups asking Mary for help in opposing the communist takeover which the President of Brazil was leaning toward at the time. In Belo Horizonte 20,000 women reciting the rosary aloud broke up a communist rally. In Sao Paulo, 600,000 women praying the rosary in one of the most moving demonstrations in Brazilian history, caused the President of Brazil to flee the country and not a single death was encountered, sparing the country from communist takeover.