Tech Tips Tuesday!
Tips, Tricks, & Hidden Gems
Did you know you can grade assignments without leaving the OAKS Dropbox?
Just a Few Easy Steps:
- Create a Dropbox folder for the assignment.
- Once students have submitted their work, click on the folder name.*
- From the drop-down menu under Submissions you can filter what you see, such as Show Everyone or Users with Submissions.
- Click the magnifying glass above, next to the Search For text box, to populate a list of users and their submissions.
* In previous versions of OAKS, you could not grade inside the Dropbox unless a student had submitted a file. That is no longer the case. This is great especially if you use teams and only one member submits a paper but you want to leave individual feedback for each student.
5. Next to each students' name, click on Evaluate.
6. Now you can use the Dropbox's feedback options including typing text comments, recording audio comments, or uploading files (such as Word documents that you graded with "track changes").
8. When finished, click Publish. Students will now be able to see their feedback. (You can "save as draft" if you're not ready for students to see your comments)
9. You can then move to the next student's submission by clicking on Next Student.
10. When your students have read their feedback, you will see a time-stamped
There's Still Time to Register for Fall Training Camp!
- Each morning, sessions will be held ONLINE so you can enjoy a cup of coffee in your PJ's while learning something new!
- Any staff member who works with students is welcome to attend!
- Numerous sessions will discuss tools and strategies applicable to online and hybrid courses.
- 7 out of 16 sessions are BRAND NEW! So if you're a TLT "frequent flyer" there are still sessions for you!
- Some sessions will focus solely on pedagogy, others will be about a specific tool, and still others will be a combination. So there's something for everyone!
See the schedule below for a list of sessions.