MLC: Shorter Days
Reflections from MLC HS Students
Congratulations on Great 1st Quarter!
The First Thanksgiving
Native American Heritage Month, Tribal History/Shared History
Can You Locate the Nine Federally Recognized Tribes in Oregon? (activity requires Google account; on computer, should work fine; will need to have Jamboard app installed on smartphone)
1. Click on the link below (need to be logged into Google, personal or PPS)
2. Click on Make a Copy
3. A map of Oregon with the logos of the nine tribes lined up on the sides will open. You can drag the logos around on the map. Every place there's an upside down triangle on the map is the location of a tribe.
4. See if you can figure out all of the tribes' locations. If you look in the Tribal History/Shared History information on the ODE website, you can find a completed map.
Support/Affinity Groups for African-American and Indigenous Youth
Black Youth Crisis Recovery Group
PPS Native HS Student Group
PPS Native MS Student Group
No School Next Week
MLC Yearbook: Please see updates below from Melanie
Yearbook Photos Please:
Every couple of weeks, we will be putting out an ask for the community to please email photos to Melanie at Mjeudy1@pps.net. Please include your student’s name and grade in the photos that you send. This week we are asking you to please send photos of:
Fall-O-Breations please. This can be any celebrations or traditions that you and your family do in the fall.
Back to School/School Set Up During Distance Learning: We all know school is looking different this year, so if you have first day of school photos, or photos of your student at work that you’re comfortable sharing, please do!
From your Library team, Tini & Tim
You'll be notified when materials pick-up can resume. Don't let that discourage you! We were just updating information for you to get e-books and audiobooks from PPS using Sora, the school version of Overdrive.
Explore the new info about Sora on our website. Find the light blue Sora icon with the "flying robot" like the one you see below. If you’d like instructions, open the links for tutorial video or slideshow. It really is easy and fun!
Resources for Families
PTSA-sponsored Fred Meyer Gift Cards
Do you need assistance with groceries, clothing, or other needs? Please reach out to Jeannette (School Counselor), Kelly (School Counselor), or Clement (School Social Worker) to request a $100 Fred Meyer card from the PTSA. Cards will be mailed to you confidentially.
Jeanette Scantling, Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
T Kelly Polychronis, Counselor email@example.com
Clement Wilson, MSW, LSSW, (503) 568-2570 firstname.lastname@example.org
Friendly House also offers wraparound services for folks who are experiencing COVID-19 or are quarantining due to exposure. For those that qualify we can help with rent, food, utilities, childcare, etc.... Email: email@example.com or call (503) 228-4391
Here is a list of organizations and their target demographics that are providing COVID Relief rent assistance and household assistance gift cards.
- CVRRP = Rent Program, CVHAP = Gift Cards
- For the rent assistance, you just need to do a phone intake and let them know you’ve been affected by COVID and how, make less than 80% of the median income, and be a Multnomah County resident. They will need a lease agreement and then they will talk to your landlord to confirm payment details. Each household is eligible for up to $6000. For rent between Mar 2020 through Jan 2021.
- The gift cards are for Portland residents and it’s just doing a call with someone to verify contact info, Covid impact, and that you make less than 80% median income.
- They are not asking for ID or any other documentation.
From the Building
Materials: Links to Request Forms
Materials pick-up at MLC is still closed. Please see below for links to delivery request forms.
MLC Kx6 Materials Delivery Request Form:
MLC 7x8 Materials Delivery Request Form:
MLC 9x12 Materials Delivery Request Form: