Major Writing Assignment Two
Researching a topic
Major Writing Assignment Two Overview
In the second unit of the semester, we will use research skills to create a scholastic digital reading collection that could be used as support for a problem/solution research essay regarding the Skills Gap problem as well as informing an audience who may not be familiar with the problem.
After researching a variety of sources on the Skills Gap problem, each student will start to collect valid and appropriate sources on the issue in order to compose a problem-solution essay for the next unit (MWA 3).
- Assemble the sources in a Storify format
- Summarize each source in Storify,
- Write an Introduction that explains the significance of the research related to the issue in a Word document
- Create a Works Cited page for the sources collected for this assignment.
Major Writing Assignment 2 goes beyond traditional research but is similar to the way research has been done for years.
What do I add to Storify once I have my six sources?
Once you add each of your sources to your Storify, add one length appropriate paragraph of summary for each source, so that your readers can quickly determine whether they want to read the source or not.
What do I include in the summary?
The summary should include:
- The article’s position on the topic it is covering,
- The main points
- Relevant supporting details.