Havelock North Primary School 11th May 2021
Kia ora koutou,
Over the next two weeks our Year 5 students will be away on camp for two nights at Lake Tutira. Room 1 are currently there while Room 4 travel up tomorrow with Room 2 being the final camp next week. We wish them all the very best for what we hope will be a challenging and rewarding experience. Thank you to our staff for their organisation and the wonderful adults who are accompanying them.
A special welcome to our new student Jack Lamborn.
Today we were fortunate enough to have a free artistic experience. Toitoi Hawke’s Bay Arts and Events Centre, Kahurangi Maori Dance Company and Mary Kippenberger collaborated to create a unique performance called Te Whawhewhawhe and Te Marama. Please ask you kids about this tonight. A big thank you to the team who provided this experience to our tamariki.
National Pink Shirt Day (Anti-Bullying) is next Friday 21st March. We look forward to supporting this very worth cause. We ask students wearing a pink shirt to please provide a going coin donation which will be sent on to the Mental Health Foundation.
A reminder that all local Primary and Intermediate state schools have a Teacher Only Day on Friday 4th June. On this date Havelock North Intermediate, Lucknow, Haumoana, Te Mata and Havelock North Primary will be doing some collective curriculum development work.
The lunchtime activities that started last week went very well with good number participating in Chess, Tackel Bullrush and 4 Ball Soccer. A reminder that chess for Years 5 & 6 students is held on Tuesday at lunchtime in the library, while Year 3 & 4 chess will be on Thursday lunchtimes. Tackle Bullrush is Wednesday lunchtime. Students will need a mouthguard and a change of clothes to participate. Four ball soccer will be offered on Friday lunchtimes. These activities are for all ages.
This term we are reviewing our Reporting to Parents Policy. If you would like to contribute to the review process please follow the instructions below.
- Follow the link to the policy in the table.
- Read the policy.
- Click the red Policy Review icon at the right-hand top corner of the page. A new screen will appear.
- Select your role (board member, staff member, or parent/caregiver) from the drop-down list.
- Enter your name (optional).
- Submit your ratings and comments.
Thank you and have a great week everyone.
SPORT Term 2
Please send any HNPS sporting action shots to email@example.com
- Winter Hockey Y3-4 & Y5-6
- Netball Y5-6
- Basketball Y0-2 & Y5-6
- Barefoot 10s (registrations open soon for 9th June start)
- Soccer & Rugby played through the local clubs http://www.hnwafc.org.nz/JUNIOR-FOOTBALL/JUNIORS-1 and http://www.havelocknorth.rugby/
- Junior Tough Guy and Gal Y3-6 (Weds 2nd of June) - Enrolmy link for registration will be sent out this week
HNP students running for Hastings Harriers over the holidays
HNPS has partnered with Bounceboards NZ to promote this fun and exciting game. Known by many parents of the 80's & 90's as 'Gutterboards', Bounceboards have been causing plenty of excitement around the school grounds recently. Purchase your fully styled Batman, Superman, or plain Bounceboard today. If you are interested, please contact Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment available through bank transfer 01-0533-0401309-00. Boards are $39.99 each with collection from the school office. Thank you.
Out and About
The Responsibility Flag (Tū Tangata) flying high
Year 5 & 6 Chess
Previous winner Stanley, presenting Maddie with the Relationships medal
Angus and Sebastian - Legends!
A big thank you to Angus and Sebastian who cleaned up after a group of teenagers threw paper around our junior playground on Sunday afternoon. You are a great example to others lads!
Mermaids in the Sandpit
Year 3 Discovery time
Term Dates and Teacher Only Days 2021
Term 2 2021
3 May – 9 July Public holiday this term is Queen’s Birthday – Monday 7 June
Term 3 2021
26 July – 1 October
Term 4 2021
18 October – 16 December
Public holidays this term are Hawke's Bay Anniversary - Friday 22nd October and Labour Day – Monday 25 October
Teacher Only Days
Up Coming Events
- Year 5 Camps start - This week
- HB Lit Quiz - Friday 14th May
- Pink Shirt Day - Friday 21st May
- Board Meeting - Wednesday 19th May @ 5:30pm
- Sushi and Pie Friday 21st May
- Home and School Meeting - Monday 24th May @ 7:30pm
- Year 1-2 -Structured Literacy information evening - Wednesday 26th May 6-7pm
- Teacher Only Day 4th June
- Queen's Birthday - 7th June
- Sushi and Pie Friday 11th June
- School Photographs - Thursday 17th June
- Sushi and Pie Friday 2nd July
- End of Term 2 - Friday 9th July
- Big Night Out - Saturday 7th August