Week of 6/28/20
New Registration For All Athletes
To all UC Athletes and families,
Union City will be using online registration for all athletes this year. Registration will take place on Eventlink. All athletes have to be registered by their parents and forms filled out before participating in workouts beginning on Monday July 6th. (Forms need to be done by July 3rd) Information on how to register your athletes can be found here. https://ucindians.com/athlete-registration/ Make sure all forms are filled out and signed by parent and student. If a student has an IHSAA physical on file from last year they may use that physical for this year. Incoming freshmen if your physical from last year was taken on a JH form you will need a new physical on the 2020-2021 IHSAA form before you participate in any workout or practice. The Junior High and IHSAA Physical forms can be downloaded from Eventlink.
$10.00 Sports Physicals by Reid Health
Reid Health announces $10.00 Sports Physicals
Starting on June 15th and running through September 1st
Several convenient locations
Must call ahead and set an appointment
Four locations available for Walk-ins
Questions check with the Athletic Trainer Mr. Scott Gravatt email@example.com or
Athletic Director Mr. Thornburg firstname.lastname@example.org
For Sale: Face Masks in Union City’s Colors and Mascot!
Union City Athletic Department is offering for sale Customized Face Mask with Union City Colors and Mascot!
You can show support for Union City Indians as athletes and fans while potentially saving lives at the same time, thanks to a collection of school colors and mascot-inspired face masks. These custom designed face masks, with adjustable wraparound elastic ear bands, can be washed and reused and are available in three different designs.
Masks can be purchased as a single item for $10.00 each... or buy three of one design or buy one of each design for a special price of $27.50. Delivery of masks is scheduled for July 13th.
To order your custom face mask(s) email the order form to Mr. Thornburg at email@example.com along with payment type (i.e. cash, check or credit care.) On delivery of the masks you will be contacted when pickup is ready. If paying by credit card be sure to include a contact number; you will be contacted for credit card information. Orders may also be submitted via your athlete who may be coming to the building for practice or workouts.
Item----- Qty-- Price---Total----CA/CK/CC----Date Paid
Mask (A) _____ $10.00 ________ ____________ ____________
Mask (B) _____ $10.00 ________ ____________ ____________
Mask (C) _____ $10.00 ________ ____________ ____________
Total Amount owed $____________ (Deduct $2.50 from total if three masks are ordered)
Phone # __________________________________________________________
You can mail your order to: Union City HS Athletic Dept., 603 N Walnut Street, Union City IN 47390
Union City Athletics Return to Play Information
Starting July 6th, Union City High School will begin Phase ONE of the return to play for High School athletes only. Please click on the link below for detailed information.
While the Athletic Department and rest of the Randolph Eastern School Personnel are continuing to evolve our return to play guidelines in accordance to DOE, IHSAA and Randolph County Health, we wanted to give you a brief update as where things stand right now. Tonight during the Randolph Eastern School Corporation School Board meeting they approved our Phase One Re-entry plan. Below are a few updates concerning Union City Athletics and return to play. High School coaches will be communicating practice times with athletes.
- Any student-athlete (no matter what grade level) who received an IHSAA physical during the 2019-2020 school year will NOT require a new physical for 2020-2021. Those who did not have a IHSAA physical during the 19-20 school year, still MUST get a physical for this season.
- ALL student-athletes, regardless of whether needing a physical or not, MUST complete the IHSAA Health Questionnaire and Consent Release Form.
- Return to play for Union City High School Athletics will begin on Monday, July 6th, per DOE, IHSAA and Randolph County Health Department guidance.
- The DOE and State Government have limited each student-athlete’s time on campus to 15 hours per week during phase ONE, which lasts for two weeks. We are designing our programs so that every student-athlete will be able to attend their fall and winter workouts, if they desire to do so.
- Schedules for the first two weeks (July 6-19) are being updated on EventLink to reflect the correct times, locations, and dates for workouts. You can also find that calendar below. Your coaches will be in contact on when you are allowed to come due to we have to limit the number of athletes at one time.
- More guidelines for Phase 2 and Phase 3 will be published once our return to play information is finalized.
We look forward to July 6th, welcoming back our student-athletes to campus!