A perfect crash course for new and returning subs!
Now, you too can become a substitute teacher!
Although it takes a lot of enthusiasm and hard work, you can build a set of skills that will help you become an expert substitute teacher. If you’re looking for job flexibility, days full of fun and variety, and enjoy investing in students—then substitute teaching may be for you!
You should plan on investing several hours in preparing to become a substitute teacher. School districts will often require trainings, orientation sessions, and tests to ensure that prospective substitute teachers are ready for the classroom. Also, keeping in mind that you may be asked to pay for background checkouts, medical tests, or training materials out of your own pocket. Although each district may have specific requirements, we will walk you through the most common requirements for substitute teachers.
To become an excellent substitute teacher, the most critical ability you can master is how to easily manage classroom behavior and teach effectively. To learn the research proven skills and techniques to help you become a substitute teacher that is requested by students and schools, check out our new Substitute Boot Camp.
Are you in?? Keep scrolling to learn how you can begin!
A Few Facts About Substitute Teaching
SUBS THAT PLAN TO STAY IN EDUCATION: 82%
PERCENTAGE OF SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS WHO WORK AT LEAST TWO YEARS: 70%
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS THAT HAVE A PERMANENT TEACHING LICENSE: 40%
PERCENTAGES OF SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS THAT HAVE A BACHELOR'S DEGREE OR HIGHER: 75%
- Students end up spending one full year of their K-12 education with a substitute teacher.
- The #1 request by substitute teachers is training in how to successfully manage inappropriate behavior situations.
- The #1 request by permanent teachers and school administrators request that substitute teachers conduct themselves as professional.
- The #1 request by students is that substitute teachers present stimulating lessons and exciting fill-in activities.
- The #1 reason substitute teachers love their job is flexibility. The #2 reason is they like working with students.
- The #1 reason people like to substitute teach is the flexibility. The second reason is they like working with students.
2 SESSIONS CHOICES:
- Monday, November 29 (8:30am - 11:30am)
- Monday, November 29 (12:30pm - 3:30pm)
** Sign-in will begin 30 minutes prior to each session **
EACH session will cost $30.00 per participant
- Your preferred method of notetaking
- Personal device (laptop, iPad, Chromebook, etc.)
Registration closes 48 hours before each session.
A minimum of 10 participants will be needed to hold a session.
Standard cancelation policy will be applied.
Substitute Boot Camp - Session 1
Monday, Nov. 29th, 8:30-10:30am
2200 S US Highway 68, Urbana, Ohio, 43078
Substitute Boot Camp - session 2
Monday, Nov. 29th, 12:30-2:30pm
2200 S US 68 Urbana, Ohio, 43078
This registration link will provide you with additional information, including payment options for your half-day session.