St. Viator Parish School
Viator Voice: August 8, 2021
Welcome to the 2021-22 Academic School Year!
On behalf of our Pastor, faculty, and entire staff, we extend a joyful “welcome” to all of our Parish School families. We are eager to begin this year’s journey by joining with you as partners in educating your children.
The 2021-22 School Calendar, Monthly Calendar, Parent-Student Handbook, Student Supply lists and the Extended Care Handbook and Registration form have been placed on our school website: stviatorschool.org to print at your convenience. This information may be found under "Parent Life" and "Student Life". Please email the office at svsschool.org with any questions.
Mrs. Katie Kiss, Principal
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMITMENT TO THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR ENTIRE SCHOOL COMMUNITY...
- Weekly Viator Voice
- Google Classroom
- Rediker PlusPortals - Grades 3-8 - student progress and attendance information. Login information will be coming home soon.
- You should be receiving office text alerts and emails already. If you have not been receiving, please call the office at 702-732-4477 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please add "email@example.com" to accept messages through your SPAM filter
Your 2021-22 PTO President: Rhianna Cardinali
Ask the Counselor...
- Connects instructors with students.
- Makes it easy to create a class and invite learners.
- Helps instructors to distribute assignments.
- Facilitates communications between instructors and students.
- Allows teachers to create, review and mark assignments.
- Allows students to see assignments, documents and class materials in one place.
Google Classroom also encourages parent participation. Teachers can invite parents to the Google Classroom to share summaries of student work and to receive automated email summaries of student work and class announcements. Additional information will be provided on the first day of school.
News from our School Nurse...
As a reminder, immunizations are required per Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 392.435 and 394.192 especially for students going into Pre-K, K and 7th grade. This will ensure children will continue to be protected against vaccine-preventable diseases during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Per Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 392.435 and 394.192, if a parent or legal guardian fails to provide their child’s immunization documentation, the student must be excluded from school and may not be admitted until the requirements for immunization have been met.
Let’s work together as an immunization community to ensure children are protected against vaccine-preventable disease and ready to return to school. Click here for immunization requirements.
- Pre-Kindergarten through 1st Grade Curriculum Presentations. Details will be emailed prior.
Monday, August 16, 2021
- First Day of School!
- Boo Hoo Breakfast in the Gym for Grades PK, K and all new families
Dismissal is at noon. Please plan to meet your student at their classroom door. On campus, parents and visitors must follow the CDC recommendation of indoor masking.
- Extended Care starts today. Click here for a Registration Form.
- Grades 5 through 8 iPad Distribution - please remember to bring a protective case today.
Unfortunately, we are not able to start the year with our normal orientation in the gym.
At the end of the day, you will receive a family communication folder containing important information. The signature page of your admission contract, acknowledging receipt and agreement with school policies need to returned by Monday, August 23rd.
Tuesday: August 17, 2021
- Students will enter gates and proceed to classrooms.
- Noon Dismissal - Please continue to plan to meet your student at their classroom door at dismissal until further directed. On campus, parents and visitors must follow the CDC recommendation of indoor masking. Please exit promptly with your students.
- 2nd through 4th Teacher/Parent Zoom Meetings. Details will be emailed prior.
Wednesday: August 18, 2021
- Noon Dismissal
- 5th Grade through 8th Grade Parent/Teacher Zoom Meetings. Details will be emailed prior.
Thursday: August 19, 2021
- Full day of School
- Don't forget your lunch, including drink! All Hydroflasks or Thermos must be labeled with student name and grade.
Friday, August 20, 2021
- Full day of School
- Don't forget your lunch, including drink!
- September Lunch Order Due
As you plan lunches, please consider...
Viatorians "R" Us is a closed, members only Facebook page consisting of parents/guardians of currently enrolled students. Any school questions or concerns should be emailed to the teacher or administration as faculty and staff do not monitor this page regularly. Only those individuals who are accepted into the group by the administrators may see or post on this page. It is not visible to the general Facebook population.
Any information posted and shared on this site must be of a positive or congratulatory nature.
Congratulating students or faculty on recent achievements or participation in various events, such as awards, sporting events, science fairs, chess club competitions, First Communion, graduation, and so forth.
Sharing information that other members might find interesting or useful, such as summer camps, dance classes, tutoring classes, etc.
Soliciting volunteers to help with certain projects and school events, such as the Halloween Carnival, Magazine Drive, Back to School Social, etc.
Viatorians R Us does not tolerate derogatory or negative comments of any sort. It is not a forum to air grievances or complain. Any comments along those lines will be removed by the administrator and those members who have engaged in that sort of discussion will be deleted from the group.