The NSC e-Newsletter
January 6, 2021
Normandy Wraps Up 2020 with Spirit of Giving & Cheer
- Several buildings held a Spirit Week for staff as part of the countdown to Winter Break. Campus Support Center staff held a socially distanced holiday luncheon, door decorating and ugly sweater contest.
- Normandy High School staff held a food giveaway for families before leaving for the Winter Break.
- Campus Support Center employees collected toys and gifts for residents at the Annie Malone Children and Family Support Center.
Thank you to the Normandy teachers and staff for thinking of others and helping bring cheer to families and staff during the holiday season.
'Snow Days' Are Now Virtual Learning Days
Dear Normandy Families:
As the winter season is approaching, school districts are planning for those days when weather would typically be deemed unsafe to attend school. In the past we have had to cancel school due to unsafe road conditions and/or frigid temperatures.
This year, with our shift to remote learning as a result of COVID-19 mitigation, Normandy has the structure in place to provide remote/virtual learning to students on what would previously be considered a ‘snow day.’
On those days when we have severe weather, the district will communicate to families and media outlets that the district will have a remote learning day. Students will remain at home, but will login for classes as they typically would for remote learning. We are working with teachers to make sure students are ready to learn from home on those days.
Under extenuating circumstances (e.g., area internet or power outages), the district may need to cancel school altogether (no remote learning). We will use our normal communication channels (phone, email, text, social media, website) to inform families as to what the status will be -- remote learning or class cancellation.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher or building principal.
Marcus C. Robinson
No Friday Early Dismissal for ELC & EleMiddles
Early Learning Center and EleMiddle school students will have a full-day of classes Friday, January 8. No students will be dismissed early on Friday.
Families Can Receive District Communications Via Text Message
If you have any questions, please contact the Communications Department.
New Hours for Onsite IT Helpdesk
2 p.m. to 6pm - Monday, Wednesday and Friday
8 a.m. to noon - Tuesday and Thursday
Normandy High School - North Hall
6701 Saint Charles Rock Road
St. Louis, Missouri 63133
Grab & Go Meals Resume Jan. 6
Families can pickup meals from the Normandy Grab & Go program 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday at select sites (see flier at right), now through Friday, January 15.
Don't forget -
- There is no food pickup at Jefferson School. Families are free to pick-up meals at any of the other locations.
- We also have the Friday Food Box giveaway on Friday at Normandy High School, 4 to 6 p.m.
For more information, see the graphic at left or visit the Food Access & Resources page at www.normandysc.org/return2learn