Brewster School Newsletter
March 18, 2016
Thoughts on Conferences
You Make Me Wanna Shout
- To Patti and Sandy for the fabulous snacks during conferences.
- Thank you to the pie bakers for PI day. They added a wonderful touch to a long Monday.
- To Rachel for her flexibility and willingness to switch placements at the last minute. You are doing a great job!
- Shout out from Linda to all of you who have been so flexible changing your schedules so students can get assistance when she is here.
- Bonnie continues to be short lunches every day. One day this week she was short 10 lunches. Unfortunately, that means that a child who ordered is not getting their lunch. Please help Bonnie by taking care of lunch count and making sure every child orders.
- PD is scheduled for Thursday afternoon. You will be meeting in your teams to complete work in either ELA or math. You may choose what you would like to do, such as continue to write mini-lessons, develop instructional strategies for teaching skills in the next ELA or math unit, align Go Math with the next math unit. Please let me know what you will be working on and your learning outcomes.
- The Related Arts teachers for next year have been determined. Unfortunately, there will be some changes a Brewster School. I am sad to inform you that Tiger has been transferred to Lyman School and will be teaching general music and band there. Mike Meurs, the current music teacher at Lyman will be our new music teacher. I am excited that Jenny will continue to be here. However, her time will decrease to two days a week. Mike Klimas from Strong will be here the other two days. I am thrilled that Ruth will continue to be our art teacher and Alex will be here full-time teaching PE and Health. Jen Holland will also join us one day a week for health or PE. Scott will continue to teach technology at Brewster part time.
- The shelter-in -place drill will be next week. It is obvious that you have reviewed procedures with the student since they are asking me about it and can tell me what they need to do. Great job! One reminder, take the magnetic strip off the door so that it is locked when you leave.
- Brewster Loves to Read will be rescheduled at a later date.
March 24 - Early dismissal for professional development
March 25 - No school
March 29 - Spring picture day
March 31 - PBIS assembly
Our next fun day will be:
March 23 is National Dip Day - This was a big hit last year!! Nancy is looking forward to this so get your dip recipes out. Remember you don't have to make something to feed the entire staff, there will be a variety of dips to choose from. Please bring something to dip into your creation.