Union Weekly Staff Update
Volume 35- May 1, 2016
A Message from Jen
- Happy Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week! PTO has a fun and special week planned. Be sure to stop down to the lounge Monday to pick up a sweet treat and a schedule of the events for the week. You are welcome to wear jeans this week to celebrate as well!
- Congratulations to Julia, Sara, and our 3rd and 4th graders on a successful run of the Union Showcase this weekend! They performed to 3 jam-packed cafeterias!
- Thank you again for all that you did to support our students during our weather emergency this past Thursday. We have begun debriefing at the school and district level, and overall are pleased with the way our plans were able to be implemented. This will be a topic of conversation at our May School Safety Meeting, so please share your feedback with anyone on the School Safety Team.
- Per Jenny Froehle's email last week, the final day to create any artifacts in SFS is May 6th. Erin and I will also be adding artifacts in the coming days, so you may see an email notification from SFS.
- We will need to have indoor recess on Tuesday, May 3rd because of our turf being treated by our grounds department. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Do you have any pictures of our current fourth graders during their time at Union? Our PTO is creating a video slideshow. If you have the opportunity, please email them to email@example.com by the end of the week. Thanks in advance!
Have a great week everyone!
This Week's Events
Monday, May 2nd
Last scheduled day for ISTEP...Make Ups continue throughout the week
Third Grade IMI Presentations in Art Room
Tuesday, May 3rd
FitKidz for Kindy- Make-Up
8:00, RtI PLC in Conference Room; HA PLC in Sharon's Room
8:00, USS Team meeting in Katie Meyer's room
4:30, District Discussion at ESC
7:00, Dads Club Meeting
Wednesday, May 4th
8:00, Pre School Reeval in Conference Room 1- Perman, Andrus, Raycroft
8:15, ACR in Conference Room 2- Van Curen, Boggs, Kay
3:30, Talent Show Auditions in Cafeteria
Thursday, May 5th
8:00, Kindergarten Transition Meeting in Conference Room 1- Perman, Raycroft, ?
8:15, ACR in Conference Room 2- Van Curen, Hamelmann, Ioannacci
10:00, Office Meeting
12:00, Preschool Transition in Conference Room 1- Perman, Raycroft, Van Curen, Lockhart, Andrus, Stewart
Friday, May 6th
Jump Rope for Heart Event Day- detailed schedule to be sent Monday in separate email
8:00, Preschool Reeval in Conference Room 1- Perman, Raycroft, Swenson, Stewart, Van Curen, Lockhart, Vandenburg
The happiest of birthdays to the following STARS who will be celebrating another year during the month of May
Angie Michener, May 3
Kathy Beanblosson, May 10
Brittany McFarland, May 12
Julia Giltner, May 22
Megan Magoni, May 27