Celebrating 60 Years of Education! April 19th Edition
Mark Your Calendar
- Wednesday, April 20th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, April 20th @ 9:00AM: Moana Jr. School Performance
- Thursday, April 21st: 6th Grade Clean Streams Field Trip
- Thursday, April 21st - Saturday, April 23rd: Moana Jr. Musical
- Friday, April 22nd: Boomerang Award Due - "Reading"
- Tuesday, April 26th @ 7:45AM: Band Rehearsal
- Wednesday, April 27th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, April 27th: Kids Care Club Earth Day Event
- Wednesday, April 27th @ 6:30PM (Lenape MS): Bridging the Gap iSmart Parenting
- Wednesday, April 27th-Friday, April 30th: ELA PSSAs (3rd-6th Grades)
- Saturday, April 30th: Mustang Muse Submissions Due
Moana Jr. Show Information
Friday and Saturday's performance of Moana Jr. is sold out!
However, there are still tickets available for Thursday's performance. To buy tickets click ShowTix4U. Each ticket is $9.26 ($8.00 + $1.26 service fee).
- Doors open at 6:30PM on Thursday and Friday, and at 5:30PM on Saturday.
- Show your tickets on your smartphone at the door.
- Bring $1 bills to use for concessions and to buy “Coco-Notes” to share a treat and note of congratulations with your friends or family in the cast and/or stage crew.
Please reach out with any ticketing questions to: Andrea_Hanna@hotmail.com. See you at the show!
Boomerang Youth Recognition Award
Do you know a child who enjoys reading for pleasure? If so, nominate him/her today for our April Boomerang Award.
The April Boomerang Asset is Reading for Pleasure - Young person reads for pleasure most days, either alone, with family members, or with friends. Please complete a nomination form by Friday, April 22nd and email it to Liz Meier, our student support counselor, at email@example.com.
The Mustang Muse
To celebrate Gayman Elementary's 60th birthday, the Mustang Muse is looking for essays, stories, and artwork all about Gayman. For submission information, click here.
The submission deadline is April 30th. We can't wait to see your literary talents shine!
Click here to access additional information about the 2022 PSSA testing protocols.
Required Health Examinations
Pennsylvania mandates the following health examinations:
- Physicals: School entry (Kindergarten), grades 6 and 11
- Dentals: School entry (Kindergarten), grades 3 and 7
Parents are urged to have physical and dental examinations completed by their family physician or dentist and submitted prior to October 15th of the year that they are due. Exams may be completed any time after September 1st of the prior calendar year.
Send health forms to Sara Hedges, our school nurse, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health has the following immunization requirements for students:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after 4th birthday) (DTaP)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given) (IPV)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- 3 doses of hepatitis B (Hep B)-properly spaced
- 2 doses of varicella or evidence of immunity (chickenpox)
You may check your child’s school immunization record by logging onto the Parent Portal through the district website or by consulting with your child’s physician. You may send them to school, or email them to Sara Hedges at shedges@CBSD.org.
All medication, whether prescription or over-the-counter, must be kept in the health office. Medication must be sent in the original labeled container and must be accompanied by a Medication Dispensing Form signed by both the physician and the parent.
With parent permission indicated on the census verification report, acetaminophen and ibuprofen may be administered according to manufacturer’s suggested dosage. Administration of some specific nonprescription medications is available to all students under the guidelines of the district’s Medical Director. These medications include cough drops, throat spray, antacid tablets, and Neosporin ointment.
Central Bucks also reserves the right to exclude children from school based on the following criteria:
- Illness that prevents the child from participating in activities.
- Fever (100.4° or higher). Students may not return to school until free of fever without fever medication for 24 hours.
- Diarrhea or vomiting during the previous 24 hours. Student may not return to school until appetite has returned to normal.
- Rash with a fever.
- Other conditions deemed appropriate after assessment by the certified school nurse and/or the staff nurse.
A doctor’s note is needed for any student that sustains an injury which requires a medical device, such as a cast, splint or crutches.
The doctor’s note should state any restrictions the child has and that they are allowed to attend school with the injury. The note should also state whether the child can participate in gym and/or recess.
School Nurse Contact Information
If your child has any medical needs, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. The staff nurses and I are happy to help!
Sara Hedges MSN, RN, CSN
Click here to access the Gayman Home and School Association page.
Click here to access the Parent Resource page for the CBSD.
2022-2023 Kindergarten Registration
Click here for the CBSD Kindergarten Registration page including necessary documents to gather in order to register your kindergarten students.
NOTE: Requests for morning or afternoon kindergarten are determined on a first come - first serve basis. Priority is also given to a request with a documented need by the parents' employers.
All attendance questions can be directed to Christine Stevens, email@example.com, in the Gayman Office.
If your clearances are current, upload them into the App Garden - Volunteer Tracker. If your clearances have expired, or you need to begin the clearance process, click on the Required Documents for the directions. For more information, consult the Human Resources Volunteer Required Paperwork webpage.
As polices change, the CBSD school board policies will supersede the Gayman Student Handbook.