Miss Sara's April Newsletter
Spring is officially here!
SPIRIT DAY/TUITION DUE: Apr. 6
NO PRESCHOOL: April 16-17 (Zoo Field Trip)
NO KINDERGARTEN: April 16
More info below
HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Miss Sara - April 27!
ZOO FIELD TRIP
ZOO FIELD TRIP: THURSDAY, APRIL 16
FIELD TRIP TIMES:
- All of Melanie's classes: meet at 10 a.m.
- Sara's Kindergarten class: meet at 10:15 a.m.
- Diana's AM & PM classes: meet at 10:30 a.m.
- Lindsay's AM & PM classes: meet at 10:45 a.m.
- Hilary's MWF & T_TH classes: meet at 11:00 a.m.
GRADUATION OUTFIT NEEDED
- Date: Saturday, June 6
- Place: Kuna Performing Arts Center
- Time: 10 a.m. practice & 7 p.m. graduation
- Every family should attend. Please invite your family.
Each class will be wearing a different color for graduation. Please let your child wear an outfit or t-shirt with the class's dominant color. Look below for your child's class color. (Kindergartners can wear any color, because they'll be wearing our gold caps and gowns.)
- Miss Melanie (MWF AM) - Orange
- Miss Melanie (T_TH AM) - Green
- Miss Melanie (T_TH PM) - Purple
- Miss Diana (MWF AM) - Navy
- Miss Diana (MWF PM) - Black
- Miss Lindsay (T_TH AM) - White
- Miss Lindsay (T_TH PM) - Red
- Miss Hilary (MWF PM) - Teal
- Miss Hilary (T_TH PM) - Yellow
Welcome Back!! I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing spring break! I can't believe it's April. We are down to our last 10 weeks of school. Your child has grown and learned so much. It was so nice meeting with all of you at parent teacher conferences. Thanks for taking the time to meet with me. :)
March was a fun and crazy month. We had this little green leprechaun guy running around our room destroying everything. He sent us on a gold hunt and our traps almost caught him. Thanks for helping your child with their traps, they were AMAZING!! We almost caught him. :) Make sure to check out the fun pictures.
This month we will be learning the diagraphs: th, sh, wh, ch. and ph. To make it a bit more fun and memorable for the children I will tell them a story about the five H brothers. Make sure to ask them each week which brother we're learning about. (You can also check it out on the calendar.)
Ouch the Outlet:
Andie from Idaho Power will come on April 9th with a two-and-a-half-foot tall puppet shaped like an electrical outlet. She will introduce the children to basic concepts of electricity and its safe use in the home.
What's in the Egg:
Every child will come home with a plastic egg. They will need to find something that can fit into the egg and then write 3 clues to help us guess, "What's inside the Egg." Your child will have three chances to fill the egg. Please make sure it's returned the next day, so another student will have a chance to fill the egg. Thanks for your help.
Zoo Animal Reports:
In the next several weeks your child will be learning about several different zoo animals. We will be reading books and doing some research to learn all we can about these animals. In class they will write an animal report, draw a picture and then present it to the class and their parents. I will let you know when your child is presenting.
Thanks for everything you do! Have a great week!
Enjoy the pictures :)