Hoosier Road Elementary School's Newsletter for 8/1/22
Please visit the HRE website to find all of our upcoming calendar events by clicking here.
Important Dates for the Beginning of the Year
Kindergarten Meet the Teacher August 1st 6:00pm (parents only)
First Day of School for K-4 August 3rd 7:40am - 2:10pm
PreK First Day of School August 8th
1st - 4th Grade Meet the Teacher August 8th 5:45 - 6:15pm & 6:30 - 7:00pm (parents only; two identical sessions)
School Hours for 2022-23
Morning Classes 8:15AM-11:15AM
Afternoon Classes 12:15PM-3:15PM
Breakfast eaters 7:25AM
Buses Unload/Car rider line begins 7:30AM
Tardy Bell Rings 7:40AM
Students Dismissed 2:10PM
Student ID/Lunch Number
ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent/guardian, using their preferred email address and phone number. We encourage families to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
Learn more here
How is your child getting home from school?
You will be receiving an email with your School Dismissal Manager login credentials and instructions soon. If you've used SDM in the past, your login credentials should remain the same. Please be on the lookout for this email as it is extremely important that all of our students have the correct dismissal instructions set to ensure they get home safely from school this week!
Back to School Forms and iPad Rental Distribution
Please login to your skyward account and click on the Back to School Forms link. You will need to complete the forms for all of your children that will attend school within the HSE district. It is important that you complete and submit these forms as soon as possible.
Students that did not receive their device at our open house will receive their iPad after school starts.
HRE GUIDELINES FOR DRIVER DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP LINE
In an effort to insure the safety of our student body and staff, we ask all drivers to follow these guidelines when dropping off and picking up students:
- Absolutely NO CELL PHONE USAGE in the car line. Full attention must be given while unloading and loading children.
- DO NOT PULL AROUND OTHER VEHICLES in the car line, unless directed to do so by staff members. SINGLE FILE TRAFFIC ONLY while unloading and loading children.
- Children should exit and enter vehicles from the PASSENGER SIDE ONLY. This insures students a safe path to the sidewalk. PARENTS SHOULD REMAIN IN THE VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES. Staff members will assist those students who need help exiting or entering a vehicle. For student safety, we DO NOT allow parents to park vehicles and walk up to receive children unless previously approved through school administration.
- Common driver courtesy is required at all times.
- If there are no staff members outside, please park and walk your child into the office. You will be required to sign your child in.
Visiting and Volunteering
Hoosier Road Elementary always has many opportunities for parents to become involved. Whether it’s through volunteering in the classroom or a PTO event, attending classroom activities, etc., you must have a valid background check on file. Background checks are valid for three years. Please allow up to 6 business days for checks to be completed. Please follow this link for complete directions: https://www.hseschools.org/departments/student-services/school-safety/visiting-and-volunteering
We want you to be able to interact with our students but we also need to adhere to strict safety guidelines set forth by our school district. Look for an email from Safe Visitor Solutions which will issue a bar code unique to you. Please bring that bar code (on your phone or on paper) on your first visit to HRE so we may take your photo! Thank you for your compliance and for helping to keep all of our students safe.
Visiting and Volunteering
School Supply Lists for the 2022-23 School Year
We Need You! HRE's Cafeteria is Hiring!
COME HELP US PROVIDE THE IMPORTANT MEALS THE STUDENTS NEED TO MAKE FOR A GREAT SCHOOL DAY. Flexible hours, same schedule as your students and more. Support our schools and become involved in our district. We are a great team!
Public Safety Partners at HRE
We have had a number of parents wanting to find ways to schedule playdates, parties, etc. with their children’s classmates. HSE has made this possible with our Online School Directory. This service is only available for those families that choose to “OPT IN”.
You may select what information you would like other parents to see (such as address, phone numbers) for birthday invitations and the like. If you would like to “OPT IN” please follow the steps below:
- Login to Skyward
- Click on “MY ACCOUNT” tab in the upper right corner
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the School Directory section
- Choose which information you would like to share
- Click Save in the upper right corner
Please note that the only people that will have access to this, are the families at Hoosier Road Elementary. If you have older children at other schools, their information will only be shared with the families at their school. We hope this will help our students to be able to stay connected outside of school hours.
Operation Back to School
Please click on the following link to view activities and upcoming events within the district.