The Greendell Gosling Flyer-26th Ed
March 24, 2021
Dear Greendell Families,
Recent national news of violence against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders may create fear and uncertainty. We are committed to the PAUSD community. Students, families, and staff should never feel that their safety is at risk or that they are vulnerable to racism. These attacks demonstrate that the collective work in our community, district and school on race, diversity, and inclusion is essential.
Please stand with us in grief and solidarity against racist violence.
Below are resources that you might find helpful as you think about opportunities to support Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in our community, engaging in discussions with your loved ones, friends, and neighbors on this topic, and in personal learning, re-learning, or unlearning.
Please use the resources as you see fit for supporting your child and your family.
STANDING TOGETHER FOR CHANGE
Resources to Support Asian Americans & Pacific Islanders:
- Learn about The AAPI COVID19 Project: A collective research project examining the ongoing COVID-19 crisis as it shapes the lives of Asians, Asian Americans, and Pacific Islanders in the United States - https://www.aapicovid19.org/resources
- Explore the Asian Mental Health Collective - https://www.asianmhc.org/
- Volunteer to be a chaperone at Compassion in Oakland
- Read articles on the alarming violence against Asian Americans in RollingStone, CNN, NPR
- Read the Memorandum Condemning and Combating Racism, Xenophobia, and Intolerance Against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States
- Report any hate crimes against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders at Stop AAPI Hate
- Seek Justice and legal support if you have been the victim of a hate crime:
Greendell School's Health and Safety Protocols - Updated 2/27/2021
Superintendent's Announcement - Hybrid K-5th Return to Classes Five Days a Week
At this time, these changes do not impact the Young Fives or TK programs. Our schedules will remain the same. I will update Greendell families if this changes. The Distance Learning programs will also remain on the same schedule.