Week of Monday, September 25 - Friday, September 29
Drop Off Reminders
Picture Day Retakes
- Set for 11/2
- All students who did not order on the original day will get a proof sheet that has a unique code per student to use to order.
- If a student/family is not happy with the outcome of the picture taken on picture day we ask that they bring the package back on retake day, give it to the photographer and we will gladly retake the image and produce the package
Salsa Festival Winners and Thank You's
Our class winner is Mr. Caamano's class.
The family winner is Julian Padilla's Family.
Congratulations. Thank you to everyone who came to enjoy this fun community event!
Petaluma Library Bike System
The Petaluma Library is rolling out a new bicycle parking system for kids and teens starting Monday, September 18. After school bike parking in our community (meeting) room off the lobby will be allowed on a temporary basis.
· Kids and teens may bring their bikes into the library’s community room 3:15-3:30 PM on M/Tue/Th/F and 1:15-1:30 PM on Wed.
· Parked bikes must be locked with bike locks
· Bikes may be retrieved at any time until 5:45 PM. The room will be used for events or locked during the parking period.
· This special parking is limited to kids and teens; the outdoor bike rack is available for adults
· After-school bike parking will not be available the week of Oct. 16 during the Friends of the Library Book Sale
As many of you probably know, the library has recently experienced a couple of incidents of theft and vandalism at our bike rack. With the after-school parking, we hope to provide safer parking options for kids and teens to the best of our ability, given the practical limitations of space and staffing. During this time we will also be exploring additional security measures. Please direct any questions to Petaluma Regional Library branch manager Diana Spaulding or librarian Cailin Yeager at 707-763-9801.
Walking School Bus
McKinley/PACS now has a Wednesday Walking School Bus. Join the fun while supporting Walk and Roll to School!
For families that would like to participate in the Walking School Bus, you may drop your 3rd-8th grade student(s) off between 7:45-8:00. We will be walking from PEP Housing, 167 Edith St., towards Madison St., then right to Ellis St. and then entering McKinley School through the Gate of Excellence. For families that live on or near this route, we would love for you to "hop" on the Walking School Bus, all you need to do is fill out a permission slip to get started!
For more information, please see the attached flyer and permission slip.
Thank you, Mrs. O, for all of your hard work putting this together!
Walk and Roll to School- October 4th
It is ONE WEEK UNTIL JOG-A-THON! Thank you to the amazing students, staff, and families who are keeping the energy high and the donations rolling in! It is the perfect time to create your Pledgestar page at pledgestar.com/mckinleymustangs/ or to host a virtual yard sale or to ask your family and friends if they have a few bucks to give to our sweet school. Thank you to everyone who is participating in big ways and small. It all matters!
Here is our schedule for Friday the 29th:
To volunteer on Friday please sign up below, or just show up, sign in at the front office, and head on back!
- 9/29- Jog-a-thon
- 10/4- Walk and Roll to School
- 10/9- Non-student Day