By: Jessica Forth
Sodium and Water in Chlorine Gas
2Na(s) + 2H2O(l) ——> 2NaOH(aq) + H2(g)
- This is a single replacement reaction.
- We know that a chemical reaction has occurred because there is heat/flames that are produced.
Reaction of Sodium & Chlorine (with subtitles)
2 H2O2(aq) → 2 H2O(l) + O2(g)
- This is a decomposition reaction.
- We know that a chemical reaction has occurred because there is heat and bubbles that happen when we mix the two chemicals together.
Science Bob's Crazy Foam Experiment
IO31- + 2 H2O2 + H1+ → HOI + 2 O2 + 2 H2O
HOI + CH2(CO2H)2 → ICH(CO2H)2 + H2O
- There are two chemical reactions that occur during the experiment, both single replacement.
- We know that a chemical reaction has occurred because of the constant color change throughout.