Bringing the Classroom Alive with Technology
The Snipping Tool in Windows allows you to take a picture of your screen. You can capture part or all of your PC screen, add notes, save the snip, or email it from the Snipping Tool window.
Open the Snipping Tool.
- For Windows 7, click the Start button.
- In the search box, type Snipping Tool.
- In the list of results, click Snipping Tool
Pin the Snipping Tool to the Taskbar.
This will allow you to quickly and easily access the Snipping Tool.
- Right-click on the Snipping Tool program icon on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Pin this program to taskbar.
Capture a Snip.
Select the arrow next to the New button, choose the kind of snip you want, then pick the area of your screen that you want to capture.
Save a Snip.
- After you capture a snip, select the Save Snip button.
- In the Save As box, enter a file name, location, and type, then select Save.
Windows 7 Snipping tool for Screen Capture