Mrs. Lyons' Newsletter
Week of September 28, 2015
Mark Your Calendar:
If you haven't returned your 4-H forms, please do so this week. The first payment of $25 is due October 1st.
Every Friday: Don't forget your tennis shoes for P.E.
October 14: 4H Day at Stagecoach (Wear your class shirt.)
October 15: Fall Pictures
October 16: Awards Assembly, Report Cards will go home, and we will have an Early Dismissal at 2:15 for Homecoming.
October 19, 20, & 22: Early Dismissal at 2:15 each day for Parent Teacher Conferences.
October 23: No School
- Spelling: We will begin working on new words this week. Students were given a copy to practice at home to prepare for our test on Friday.
- Reading: This week we will continue reading a fantasy fiction book, The Trumpet of the Swan, by E.B. White. Students are strongly encouraged to read at home every night, even if it is 10 minutes here and there.
- Writing: This week we will continue writing a personal narrative, a story that actually happened.
- Math: We are working on subtraction of multi-digit numbers. For example, students are working problems like 956,204 - 780,169. Feel free to pose problems like this at home and ask your child to check their work using addition. At home, students should be practicing their multiplication facts, especially the 6x tables. Check out www.multiplication.com/games for fun multiplication games. See the button below for a link to the website.
- Social Studies: We will begin studying about maps. If you have any old maps around the house you'd like to donate, we could use them!
- Student Planners: Check your child's planner for daily updates on what we are learning. If the assignment is to be done as homework, we will indicate this with HW.