The Royals Report
September 5, 2022
Mascoma Valley Regional High School Core Values Belief Statement
Mascoma Valley Regional High School strives to be a community of lifelong learners who demonstrate engagement and perseverance in academic and personal endeavors. Through a collaborative effort, the school community is responsible for fostering a safe and respectful environment that promotes a strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, integrity, and movement toward academic excellence.
Academic Excellence*Lifelong Learner* Integrity*Work Ethic*Respect
The team utilized many expectations of student success already in place at MVRHS to create the behavior matrix. These are posted around the building and are supported by all staff. We are very proud of this work, and along with district policy, sets the expectations of success for students at MVRHS.
Children need healthy meals to learn. Mascoma Valley Regional High School offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs $1.60; lunch costs $2.75. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. The reduced price is $.00 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch. Frequently asked questions can be found at: https://cdn5-ss19.sharpschool.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_27296946/File/Food%20Services/attach-b-parent-letter-FAQ-income-guidelines-free-reduced-NSLP-FY2023%20(MVRHS).pdf
Mealtime Free and Reduced Lunch Applications:
Families can submit the online application or fill out a paper application and send it to Martha MacDonald at the Superintendent's Office at PO Box 789, Enfield, NH, 03748. Paper applications can be picked up at the Superintendent's Office at 547 US Route 4, Enfield, NH, 03748, at any school office or printed from the link above. If you have received a "Notice of Direct Certification", you do not need to fill out an application for your child(ren). If you should have any questions, please contact Martha MacDonald at email@example.com or 632-5563 x3004.
Click this link for the Parent Guide to MealTime Apply Online: https://www.mascomaschools.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_27296946/File/Food%20Services/Parent%20Guide%20to%20MealTime%20Apply%20Online%20(1).pdf
An Adolescent Epidemic-Vaping
Meet the New Staff
Emily Woods is the new Family & Consumer Science teacher! She grew up in the Upper Valley and is so excited to be teaching in this community. She has spent the last three years as an educational assistant in the Hanover School District while completing her degree. While working as an educational assistant, Emily learned very quickly that she wanted to teach life skills based classes. When Emily is not in the classroom she enjoys baking, decorating (and redecorating) her home, going on trail strolls, and trips to the Montshire with her family.
Welcome Ms. Woods!!!
Guidance Department -Senior College Timeline
- Continue searching colleges and visiting campuses
- Schedule to meet with school counselor to discuss post secondary plans
- Retake SAT or ACT if need be
- Begin to write college essay
- Begin the process of submitting the FASFA: Application available October 1st
- Attend college fairs
- Trim list of schools down to 6-8
- Attend MVRHS College Night & identify admissions deadlines
- Acquire applications from colleges
- Open a Common Application account, if applicable
- Begin to fill out applications
- Ask 1-2 teachers to write you a recommendation
- Complete Applications
- Make an appointment with school counselor to complete and send applications
- Have SAT/ACT scores sent to schools of interest
- Attend Financial Aid Night at MVRHS, presented by NHHEAF https://www.nhheaf.org/students-parents.asp
The remainder of the timeline can be found at: https://mvrhs.mascomaschools.org/our_students/guidance_services/senior_information
Stuff A Bus
- September 6 Cookie Hebert Celebration of Life Service 6 p.m. MVRHS Auditorium
- September 8 Picture Day
- September 13 School Board Meeting 6 p.m.
- September 13 NHHEAF Free Webinars: Senior College Night – 6:30pm
- September 21 College Essay Do’s and Don’ts 6:30pm
- September 23 Early Dismissal
- September 27 School Board Meeting 6 p.m.
- September 29 Common App – 10 Things to Know Webinar 6:30pm
- September 30-October 1 Homecoming Events