August 21, 2020
- The work put into setting these new rosters, precludes us for making changes at this time.
- Letters were put in the mail today to notify parents of their child's placement in face-to-face or temporary remote class.
- If you have moved recently, this may slowdown your receipt of this information. Please update your information with Mrs. Sue via email at Susanf_Williams@charleston.k12.sc.us as soon as possible.
- We ask for your understanding and compassion as you find out your child's learning mode. We understand this is not ideal for everyone, but we have have done our absolute best.
- Both face-to-face and temporary remote learning will include direct instruction, small group work, special area and opportunities to work with the teacher one-on-one.
- Temporary remote learning will be structured like a school day. Students should adhere to state attendance guidelines. Attendance will be taken daily.
- We had many more families interest in face-to-face learning than we could accommodate safely. However, we were able to include a little over 30% of students beginning on September 8.
- With half of our teachers teaching remote classes and the others teaching face-2-face, we are not able to place all students based on parent requests. We will do our absolute best to honor those request when all students return back to school later this year.
Choosing Students for Face-to-Face
For up to 50% of the available student seats, we considered objective criteria based on need. While looking at various student data and service needs.
For the remaining 50%, a lottery was used to randomly selected from families who want in person instruction.
The Board will establish metrics to guide decisions about in-person attendance as Covid-19 rates decrease. I will share this information after the board decision. Once we hit the predetermined metric, students within each grade level will then be seated according to the randomized list resulting from the lottery.
Welcome Madison Book to our Fourth Grade Team!
Our Mission and Vision
The mission of Mount Pleasant Academy Elementary School, working in partnership with families and the community, is to assist each student to excel academically, to act responsibly and to expand talents and social skills by providing diverse learning experiences in a nurturing environment.
All students will leave Mount Pleasant Academy prepared to make a positive impact on their community.