First Primary News
Academy of the Sacred Heart
We must bring home to our chidlren and to ourselves also, the responsibilities of our gifts. -Janet Erskine Stuart, rscj
In Unit 7 of More Adventures of the Superkids , the girls will:
- associate the letters ar, or, ear with /er/.
- decode trickers with ar, or, ear /er/.
- learn the trickers collar, dollar, forward, backward, word, worm, world, earn, earth, and early.
- practice the comprehension skills of generating questions, compare and contrast texts, recognize text structure, and sequence steps.
- discuss slumber parties, stars, making things, and remote-control devices.
- review sequence words, story words, idioms, and synonyms.
- The spelling list is coming home today in your daughter's homework folder, but the list can also be found on the Superkids website.
- Thursday, May 21st - Spelling Test
- All library books are due back this Friday, May 15th!
- There will be no homework and baggie book the week of May 18th-22nd.
- During the week of May 18th, the fourth primary girls will be selling tickets for pixie dolls. We ask you to please send a few quarters in a zip lock bag next week so that your daughter can take a chance on receiving a doll with whom she “truly identifies.” Your daughter will submit her entry into an envelope and one name will be drawn for each doll. The drawing will be on Tuesday, May 26.
- If you owe lunch money, please send in CASH ONLY. They are not accepting checks anymore.
- There is no school on Monday, May 25th due to Memorial Day.
- There is a full day of school on Tuesday, May 26th. We will have a liturgy to celebrate the Feast of St. Madeleine Sophie at 8:30. They do not need to wear formal uniform. All are welcomed to join us and sit up in the balcony.
- The last day of PLUS is Tuesday, May 26th.
- There is a half day of school on Wednesday, May 27th. This is our luau! Your daughter should wear a swimsuit under her ASH t-shirt/shorts and flip-flops (or water shoes). Please make sure to send a beach towel and to apply sunscreen at home! School will be dismissed at 12:15. Parents can start picking up their daughters at 11:00. There will be no carpool line on this day. If you are not arriving early, please pick up your daughter in her classroom no later than noon.
- This is the last smores newsletter. Thank you for all your hard work and support this year. Enjoy your summer!