Mrs. Asher's First Grade News
Week of April 25, 2016
Planting Day in the Garden
off, read, picture, such, together
- We also reviewed what we learned about text features found in nonfiction texts such as tables of contents, bold words, photographs, captions, glossaries, headings, and diagrams. Students practiced using the table of contents and headings to locate information within the text.
- As your child reads nonfiction texts at home encourage them to tell you the main idea of the text and some supporting details.
Fairytale Tea Party
For Our Fairy Tale Tea Party we will need:
* toy tea sets with the tea cups and saucers (I would be happy to have them to keep or just to borrow them).
* little tea pots (to borrow or to keep)
* purple, blue, pink, and yellow paper streamer ribbon
* pink, blue, purple, and yellow tissue paper pom-poms that we can hang from the ceiling (these can be made or bought)
* faux pink rose petals
THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!!!