JCUE Monday Memo
October 26, 2020
Dear Families and Community Members:
We enjoyed the Homecoming Activities on last week and wish our Tiger Football team much success as they continue to work towards securing the District Championship title again. I also want to remind our parents how important it is for our scholars that have been identified for intervention to attend ELA and/or Math classes after lunch.
As we move into our 3rd week of Hybrid and Virtual instruction, the School Leadership Team is excited about providing scholars with Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports. As our students grow, their rewards will grow too! We will need your help to fund raise to support some of our efforts. More details will be released at a later time.
This week we are celebrating Red Ribbon Week. The theme this year is Be Happy. Be Brave. Be Drug Free. The 2020 campaign will help amplify Red Ribbon week's mission to encourage children, families and communities to live healthy, happy and drug-free lives. It also serves as a reminder that we are all empowered with shaping the communities around us through positivity, bravery, and strength.
Helpful Information/Tips for Parents
- Excuses for missed days should be emailed to the school secretary within three days of the absence by the parent or guardian.
- A maximum of two (2) days for illness/injury per nine weeks can be recognized as excused when a note has been signed by a parent/guardian. A student absent in excess of two (2) days per nine weeks must provide school officials with a written explanation from a health provider. These medical notes must be submitted within three (3) days following the student’s return to school.
- Any technical issues with scholars logging into class which may cause a day of missed instruction should be emailed to the teacher and school secretary by the parent or guardian.
- When students miss instruction due to internet connectivity, they must complete and submit the assignment in the instructional packet by Monday of the following week to remove the absent mark. Instructional packets are posted in Canvas weekly and available on the district website. A printed copy can be requested by calling the school office.
- Teacher meeting IDS, passwords, and links are the same (no changes). Call the front office or email the school secretary if you need the information again.
- Students should log in or attend all required classes daily for the entire period.
Student District Email
The students' district email accounts are Google (Gmail) accounts. Parents you are encouraged to add your child's account to your personal device to keep up with all information between the student and school.
Jefferson County Upper Elementary School communicates with parents and students through the following means-
- Parent Phone Calls
- Student District Email
- Monday Memo
- Facebook Page- Jefferson County Upper Elementary
- Active Parent Messages
- School Website- www.jcpsd.net/upperelementary
The Upper Elementary team is here for support and you are encouraged to contact us for assistance as we work together this school year.
Teamwork, Collaboration, and Success
Jefferson County Upper Elementary School
Ms. Ophelia Rowan, Secretary | Ext. 301 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Gretchen Carter, Counselor | Ext. 302 | email@example.com