Miss Marney's Class October 5, 2015
Stop Bullying Choose Peace Spirit Week!
Monday October 5
- Hats off To a Bully Free School wear your favorite hat
Tuesday October 6
- Be Strong, Bullying is Wrong- wear a cape or superhero shirt
Wednesday October 7
- Be Hip, Don't be a bully--wear tye dye, sunglasses, and peace signs
Thursday October 8
- Be Royal, Not a Bully--wear blue or your favorite Royals shirt
Friday October 9
- We're proud of our bully free school- Starside Spirit Day
Monday, October 19th
- No School
Thursday, October 29
- Halloween Party and parade
- 2nd grade program at 6:30
Friday, October 30
- No School
Cooler Weather is Here
- making tens and ones,
- reading and writing numbers in word form
- using symbols to compare numbers (<, >, =)
- counting to 100 knowing what comes before and after a number
- 10 more and 10 less
- even and odd numbers
- using data from a chart to solve problems
Don't forget xtramath.org is a great resource for practicing math facts.
Focus that can still be reviewed:
- time to 5 minutes
- counting by 5's forwards and backwards
- adding facts up to 20
Reading and Writing
The Kansas Library has free digital books. If you go to this page you can click on many different types. The one we use in class the most is Tumble books.
STEM in the Classroom
Follow the Activities of Our Class on Social Media
- Class Twitter account @StarsideMarney.
- Text Messages from me when you text @missmarn to 81010. When you sign up, your child will get a pencil from me.
- You can also follow Starside @StarsideComets