Fur Trade Post
Fort Dunvegan was active around the year 1805. the beaver Indians were the first people to inhabit the area. it was set up by north west company fur trader archibald norman mcload who named it after Dunvegan castle in Scotland.
A ferry was used to cross the Peace River at Dunvegan as early as 1909 and ended in 1960 when the longest spanning bridge in Alberta was finished getting built, well.... it wasn't really finished till about 2010.
Picture Of Fort Dunvegan
people now go to fort Dunvegan for tourist reasons and help preserve fort Dunvegan