Edtech in action 5 minute warm up
In Twitter, you can create lists of people. By creating a list, you can see what a variety of people are tweeting about. I created two lists for this class - one with just students called educ 204 and one that includes students and co-ops.
Please check out the list, follow 5 peers and 10 new teachers.
- Search Twitter to identify something that relates to #edtech.
- Try searching #edchat, #edtech, #edtechchat, or another education hashtag
- Share what you found with a partner
- Be ready to share out in a large group.
Quest 6 Synthesis Part 1: Twitter chat in class about Service Learning
Twitter chat etiquette
- When the chat starts, introduce yourself
- Be sure to follow the moderator (ex. @SFecich) to get the questions
- When a question, is asked (ex. Q1) respond with
- If you want to respond to other participants' response do so! It is encouraged and will build your knowledge.
- At the end of the chat be sure to thank the moderator for hosting.
- Don't forget the hashtag in your tweets or they will not show up!
- During this synthesis activity, we are going to practice our Twitter chat etiquette.
- Dr. Fecich will post 3 questions individually on twitter with #educ204toi
- As a group, we will participate in a live twitter chat about service learning using #educ204toi.
Quest 6 Synthesis Part 2
Sign up on the doc below.
Spend the rest of class
- Working on home page, about me, contact, clearances, resume, etc
- Work on homework for Friday