AUG 30 2021 - FAMILY NEWSLETTER: GLOW ACADEMY
MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Thank you for a great first full week at GLOW! This newsletter includes many beginning of year reminders, as well as a Uniform Expectations Update that we hope will be helpful for all students and families.
Also, a Couple of "Save the Dates" on the horizon:
- School Improvement Team Mtg (September 8): Our School Improvement Team (SIT) meets each month, typically on the first Wednesday of the month at 4:15 PM. In September, we are meeting on Wednesday, September 8 at 4:15 PM in the Student Center. Parents are welcome to learn about the school improvement efforts underway at GLOW.
- 1st Parent University of the Year (September 21): Stay tuned for more info coming soon!
Wishing our students and families another great week at GLOW,
Kate B. Tayloe
📸 THIS WEEK AT GLOW 📸
💻 CHROMEBOOK REMINDERS 💻
👚 UNIFORMS 👚
UNIFORM CLOSET SUPPLIES ARE RUNNING LOW!
Our GLOW Uniform Closet is utilized to help students who are not in compliance find the uniform pieces they need to get them back in class quickly; however, our UNIFORM SUPPLIES ARE RUNNING LOW!
If you have gently worn uniform pieces at home that your child has outgrown or is no longer wearing, please help us replenish our closet by donating these items back to the school. These donations can be dropped off by your student to their teachers or in our front office.
Last week a school based leadership team met to discuss student uniforms and how we might both maintain expectations for GLOW uniforms while offering flexibility for families that is both cost conscious and in line with our current expectations.
As a result, we have made an adjustment to our uniform requirements to allow students to wear their own personal navy cardigan sweater or crewneck sweatshirt (no hood). Neither piece can have logos or labels and must be plain. You can find the updated Uniform Requirements HERE.
A Few Reiminders:
The GLOW Uniform Requirements/Expectations are outlined above; however we want to share a few reminders based on some compliance issues that have come up in the first few days of school:
- Leggings may be worn under the GLOW uniform skirt; however, leggings are NOT acceptable as pants.
- Jeans are NOT acceptable as GLOW uniform bottoms.
- Students may NOT wear hoods, hats, or bandanas at school. The only acceptable headwear/accessories are: headbands, bows, ribbons, and headscarves
- UPDATE/REVISED: The only outerwear (sweaters, sweatshirts, and jackets) that may be worn in the classroom are a plain navy cardigan, a plain navy crew neck sweatshirt (no hood, no logos), the GLOW cardigan, GLOW jacket, on cooler mornings, but these items must be removed in the classroom.
If you have questions about uniform compliance, please email email@example.com with the subject line "Uniforms."
⏰ 21-22 SCHOOL HOURS ⏰
SCHOOL HOURS & TARDIES
😷 COVID PROTOCOLS 😷
Help us keep all GLOW students and staff safe!
If your child is experiencing any symptoms of illness, has been exposed to COVID-19, or if your child or someone in your home has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please keep her home and notify the school so we can guide you through next steps and provide a date for her return. Our goal will be to get your child to school as soon as possible, but we will need your help to ensure that this is done safely. You can notify the school by calling 910.338.5258 or by emailing Ms. Tayloe at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "COVID."
Remember, your daughter is most protected from COVID-19 and will be able to return to school much more quickly if she has been vaccinated. Vaccines are currently available for individuals who are age 12 and older.
😇 SCHOOL WIDE PBIS BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS 😇
Did you miss last week's newsletter? If so, click the button above for more info!