West Hills STEM Academy
Message from the Principal
We miss all of you so very much! It has been wonderful connecting and seeing so many at the school for meal and Chromebook pick ups and/or on the bus route. I hope your student(s) has been getting on-line and communicating with their teacher(s). We are just a few clicks away. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of our staff members if we can help or support your student or family during this time of uncertainity. One thing is for certain and you can trust in is us! We are #WHSTEMSTRONG
Changes to the Grab-n-Go Meal program
The Bremerton School District is committed to providing meals to all children in Bremerton throughout the school closure. However, we are making some changes to our Grab-n-Go meal programs to support the social distancing of staff, students, parents, and volunteers in accordance with guidance and directives from federal, state, and local authorities.
Beginning Monday, March 30:
1) We will be distributing meals on Monday and Wednesday only.
Students will still receive 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches per week as they will get 2 days of meals on Monday, and 3 days of meals on Wednesday.
2) Meals will only be available for pick-up at the following schools:
Bremerton High School
Armin Jahr Elementary
West Hills STEM Academy
Families can visit any of these locations to pick up meals. All locations are open to all children!
3) Some bus routes will be combined to minimize the number of bus drivers needed for delivery.
- Buses will be going to all stops, but times may be changing.
- A few bus stops have been added.
- Information on bus route changes is available on each school's home page, and www.BremertonSchools.org/Meals.
Summary of Grab-n-Go meal program changes for West Hills STEM Academy
Meal distribution will continue at West Hills STEM Academy on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Route O has been combined with Route X.
Naval Routes K and L (that also serve some WHSA during the regular school year) have had several stops added.
Please refer to the schedules below for times. Schedules are also posted on www.BremertonSchools.org/Meals
Revised routes serving WHSA families (starting 3/30/2020)
Some important reminders about our FREE Grab-n-Go meal program
- Daily meal distribution at all schools and by bus will continue through Friday, March 27.
- Meal distribution on Monday and Wednesdays will begin next week (week of March 30).
- Families can wait at any bus stop or visit any of of our three schools distributing meals to pick-up meals. We encourage families to do what is most convenient for them.
- All children are welcome to participate in our program. There is no income requirement and students do not have to qualify for free or reduced lunch to participate.
- Meals are available for any child under age 18, including younger siblings who may not be enrolled in school. Lunches are also available for any currently-enrolled student up to age 21 (such as special education or Open Doors students).
- With our combined bus routes serving more families, our buses may be running late. Please plan on the possibility of buses running 10-15 minutes late. Thank you for your patience.
- Since children will be receiving multiple meals at a time, families might want to consider bringing bags, boxes or a wagon to carry food home with them.
Students of the Month for March
Wendy Gonzalez Zacarias
Congratulations to Our New Griffin Champs
Rebeka Ramos Ramirez
Luciana Rosas Arenas
Ann Marie Marcus
Bremerton School District Non-Discrimination Statement
The Bremerton School District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. This holds true for all students who are interested in participation in educational programs and/or extra-curricular school activities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District’s Title IX/RCW 28A.640 Officer and ADA Coordinator, Garth Steedman, at 360.473.1031 or email@example.com or the Section 504 Coordinator, John Welsh, at 360.473.4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Mailing address: 134 Marion Avenue North, Bremerton, WA 98312.