LEISD Advanced Academics
AVID, Advanced Placement, PAP, Dual Credit and GT
AP Checkpoints-FOR ALL AP COURSES
YOU will still have autonomy in the assessments you give-this change will only affect the way we see data in Eduphoria. More information will be provided to AP teachers from your content coordinators. Training will be provided.
Summer Assignments? Already?
- Rigor/Relevance Framework: We want to ensure that what students are doing as their first impression of our most rigorous classes is both challenging and relevant.
- Assignments should be meaningful building blocks or prerequisite skills needed for success in your class.
- Summer Assignments are not intended to be gate-keepers, but rather scaffolds for student success.
- Format: Please use this format guide to ensure consistency within our program.
- All Summer Assignments for AP/PAP are due by December 1.
- All AP Classes and PAP ELAR will need create a Summer Assignment.
- PAP Courses in all other content area must be pre-approved by your content coordinator.
Please drop directly into 2016-17 Summer Assignment Folder. Assignments will be reviewed by content coordinators prior to submission in the course guide.
Please fill out this form if you are interested in being the AA Liaison for your campus.
Summer Professional Learning:
How AVID Supports YOU!
Click HERE for a resource full of strategies that promote Critical Thinking and Engagement.
Texas HB 1992: Effective Fall 2016
We need to make sure our students KNOW and understand how this change truly affects their college credit hours.
Send this student flyer to your AP Classes: https://www.smore.com/wnhqz
This new legislation could award college credit to 109 additional tests taken in 2015. Raising our students' percentage of credit earned from 18% to 49%.
HB 505: Effective Immediately
Link to press release: http://www.estes.senate.state.tx.us/pr15/p052515b.pdf
This legislative session an appropriation was passed to reimburse all student cost associated with offering OnRamps dual-enrollment courses. Wording from Bill:
- The Commissioner shall set aside $2,000,000 in each fiscal year of the 2016-17 biennium to reimburse districts for costs related to students taking On Ramps Dual Enrollment courses.
We are still waiting to hear from TEA to delineate process and rules, but this should reopen access to this phenomenal program for our students.