information on how to set up and use your Raspberry PI
By Henry Parkes
what is a Raspberry PI?
How to turn your raspberry PI into a media centre.
1. First of all you will need to get the required parts of your media centre:
- A Raspberry Pi Model B with 512MB RAM.
-8GB SD card.
-Micro USB power supply.
-USB keyboard and mouse.
-HDMI and Ethernet cables.
-A network connection.
2. Download the media centre
Download a Pi-compatible version of XBMC to your SD card from raspbmc.com.
3. Connect to your tv or computer and install
Connect the Pi to the TV via HDMI cable. Plug in the keyboard and mouse. Connect the Pi to the router with the Ethernet cable. Pop the SD card into the Pi's card reader and turn it on.
4. set up your tv and library
Set the TV's video resolution to 1,920 x 1,080p and 60Hz. Set the audio output to HDMI. Adjust the XBMC settings, then set up a media library. (Go to wiki.xbmc.org to find out how.)
5. use your phone as a controller
For Android, download the Yatse app; for iPhones, the Official XBMC Remote (both free). Connect the phone to your network, run the app, and hit "find" to automatically sync.