Dragon Roar: 4. 26. 2020
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics & Service since 1960
The Road to Emmaus
I hope you had a great long weekend with your family! Did you celebrate fiesta at home? We'd love to see pictures! Missing you all!!
Today's Gospel: Third Sunday of Easter, Luke 24:13-35
Jesus appears to two disciples who are walking to Emmaus.
Family Connection: Two disciples, who are frightened and grieving, hurry away from Jerusalem. On their way, they encounter a stranger. The ensuing conversation so inflames their hearts that they invite the stranger to share a meal with them. In the breaking of the bread, they recognize the risen Jesus, and their world is transformed.
In the midst of our own grief and unknown during this time, we can still feast on God’s Word. We know that the Eucharist is being celebrated, even if we cannot share in it physically. Jesus is raised and is in our midst. We witness risen life in the love and selflessness that exists in so many during this pandemic.
With so many of us engaging in social distancing, it strikes me that meditating on what it means to welcome the stranger might be a fruitful exercise, particularly as we look forward to the return of life together.
Who might be the stranger God will send to us that will set our hearts on fire? With whom will we break bread and recognize the risen Lord with us? Will we be ready to invite that stranger into our lives?
Ms. Salazar and the SMCS Team
Teacher Appreciation Week Planning
Wednesday, April 29th, 4:30-5:30pm
Zoom, 362 -174- 5604
Earth Day Lessons in Action
How to Talk with Teens about Cancellations (Graduation and beyond...)
ADAPTATIONS/Updates THIS WEEK
Last week we started conference requests for students that we have not seen online or turning in work. Please help us in the process to support you!
MAY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:
- We are here to help as resources allow! Thanks to the incredible generosity of our community AND potential PPP loan (application in processing---pray for us!), we can support on a family by family basis.
- Has your financial status changed? Do you need support? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call my remote learning financial assistance line at 210-650-2031 from 10AM to 6PM, Mon to Fri. We are here to help! If I miss you I will return calls in one business day.
BUSINESS OFFICE PHONE CALLS:
Here is the order of calls our business office will be returning this week
Monday and Tuesday
- Families indicating the ability to donate more
- May Mandatory Survey Follow up and Tuition Assistance.
3. NEW family enrollment (WHEW! We have a few coming in!!)
Thank you for your patience. Please email if you are waiting on a callback, we want to make sure we do not miss you!!
2020-2021 Tuition Assistance from Hope for the Future
1) Complete OR relog on to your 2020-2021 FACTS Application at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid if you had already filled one out, you can just log back in!
- You will have to pay $35 fee to FACTS (the Arch/HFF/we do not get this).
- I will reimburse ALL families that get charged $35 to fill this out for COVID related assistance on your May tuition.
2) You will need:
- 2018 OR 2019 tax documents along with their most recent W-2
- You may take pictures of their tax docs with their phone and upload those pictures directly into their FACTS application.
3) Should you need assistance editing their application you can contact the FACTS parent line at 1-866-412-4637.
4) The deadline for the 2020-2021 school year extended until June.
Please complete ASAP.
ARE YOU A PREK FAMILY NEEDING ASSISTANCE? Please email me directly, email@example.com Thank you!
Events this Week
Please review EACH week as times are subject to change. Reminder, no online learning on Friday. Join morning announcements at 8:45AM on 4/24 in your FIESTA gear!!
Weekly Wednesday Lunch: Every Wednesday at 12PM, This Week Featuring a DANCE lesson!
Wednesday, April 29th, 12-2pm
Zoom, Code 362-174-5604
Bring your lunch, we will pray together and chat. Come as your schedule allows.
Completely optional! Password posted in your Google Classroom announcements page.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Friday School Wide Zoom and Children's Mass
Friday, April 17th, 8:45-9am
Zoom, 362 -174- 5604
Weekly winner of family survey completion announced!
Join us if your schedule allows.
Children's Mass to Follow at 9AM.
REMOTE LEARNING HEADQUARTERS
Google Classroom Hack: Submitting Work and Checking Progress
Counselor's Corner: Note from Mrs. Moncrief, Class Code: 72fdwe3
Join Mrs. Moncrief for guidance lessons and check ins!
We have three ways to connect:
1. Email: I will do my very best and reply by the next day. If there is an emergency, contact Ms.
Salazar and she can get hold of me.
2. Zoom: Every day from 2:00 – 5:00 pm, Meeting ID: 865-730-234
3. Padlets: digital bulletin board. I add new things every week. Just browse and click on the
tiles. Hopefully, some things will be helpful.
Padlet for Parents, Password: Parent
Padlet for Students, Password: Student
Looking forward to supporting you!