How to use a compass.
- 1. Find your position and where you want to go on the map.
- 2. Match the edge of your compass with that line.
- 3. Rotate the bezel so its orienting lines run parallel with the map's orienting lines.
Point of compass
The point of a compass is to find north and so on and so fourth. Compasses are mostly used on boats and and in a forests and in woods.
Parts of compass
There are 7 parts to a compass
- Base Plate
- Index Line
- Orientating Arrow
- Compass housing with degree dial
- Magnetic needle
- Direction of travel needle
- Orientating lines