viscosity race group 5
a tape measure
a ram-a table and two tote trays (secured with masking tape).
30mls of each different liquids to test (water, oil, tomato sause, honey and mayonnaise)
- Small containers
- Recording tables/sheets
- A plastic drop cloth to catch the mess
- A stop watch
1. Measure out 30mls of each liquids.
2. Set your stop watch to zero
3. Tip one liquid at a time from the top of the ramp. Remember to communicate with your group to ensure the timer starts as you tip the liquid.
4. Let the liquid flow for the set time you have decided and measure the distance travelled
5. Record your results in the table
6. Repeat for each type of liquid, recording your results as you go.
7. Clean your ramp for the next test
8. Tip one liquid down the ramp and time how long it takes to reach the bottom.
9. Record your results on a table
10. Repeat for each type of liquid, recording your results as you go.
11. Record each groups results as they became available.
Using the calculator, determine the mean distance and speed for each liquid.