Archer Update #29
March 10, 2023
Teacher Job Fair is Wednesday, March 15th, 2:00-5:00pm at Schmucker Middle School!
ESS is Hiring
In this week's issue of the Archer Update, you can read about the following:
- St. Patrick's Day - Spirit Day - Wear Green
- TRACK SEASON is ALMOST HERE!
- PEER LEADER INFO NIGHT
- DMS eSports Club - First Meeting March 14th
- One-Day STEM Conference for Girls at Notre Dame
- IMC INFO from Mrs. Emeigh, DMS Librarian
- 21st Century Scholars Enrollment Event
- Continued Focus on the Indiana Academic Standards
- Community Fitness Opportunities
- eLearning Instructions if Needed for Inclement Weather Days
- Reporting Student Absences
- SEL Lessons
The PHM Education Foundation has many new upcoming events. Please visit www.phmef.org for event information, to signup for our quarterly news letter or to find out how PHMEF supports excellence in education in the P-H-M school district
Discovery Middle School is now ranked #2 in the State of Indiana for top performing middle schools (this is out of about 300). Our teachers continue to be prepared to provide the most targeted, engaging lessons to help all our students reach their fullest learning potential. Our students are some of the best in Indiana and possibly the world! Thank you for sending us your finest!
We welcome public feedback. Please email: email@example.com
St. Patrick's Day - SPIRIT DAY - MARCH 17th - Wear Green
TRACK SEASON is ALMOST HERE!
The 2023 7th and 8th Grade Boys' and Girls' Track & Field season is right around the corner.
Girls' first practice is on Monday, March 20th (7:15 a.m.) Contact Mr. Metcalf for more details
Boys' first practice is on Monday, March 20th 4:10 - 5:30 p.m.) Contact Mr. Sowders for more details
- You MUST be registered on Register My Athlete for Boys' or Girls' Track and Field in order to participate. Just follow the instructions on the site. All athletes must have their Athletic Physicals and Medical History Forms properly completed, uploaded, and approved on Register My Athlete. Even if you competed in another sport earlier in the year, make sure that you have clicked on the Boys' or Girls' Track and Field button to be on the roster.
IMC INFO from Mrs. Emeigh, DMS Librarian
21st Century Scholars: Apply Now!
21st Century Scholars: Apply Now!
- Indiana’s 21st Century Scholars program is an early-college promise program designed to make college more affordable for students.
- Eligible students who meet requirements receive a two- or four-year scholarship that pays up to 100% tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university.
- All 7th and 8th grade students are eligible to apply, if they are a resident of Indiana. Students MUST apply by June 30th of their 8th grade year.
- Click here to learn more and apply: https://learnmoreindiana.org/scholars
- Contact your child's school counselor with questions
Continued Focus on the Indiana Academic Standards
Knowing there is dialog around the state about the Indiana Academic Standards, we continue to follow the direction of the Indiana Department of Education and Dr. Jenner as provided in this letter below.
If you have any concerns about your child's education, please work with your child's teacher for clarification.
Community Fitness Opportunities:
As the weather quickly shifts from fall to winter, the school district is happy to pilot free fitness opportunities for the P-H-M community. This will take place four (4) days per week at the sites listed below.
Who is eligible to participate: The P-H-M Adult Community and Staff (no students). This includes residents of the school district and non-resident parents/guardians of attending students.
What: Access to walking/jogging tracks, open gym/basketball courts, and weight room
When: Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at the sites listed below. Note: The fitness centers will be closed during designated school recess dates.
Questions? Please see the assigned staff at each site to help answer your questions.
This is a reminder that the fitness center opportunities will be closed when school is not in session. This included this Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. These will resume beginning on Wednesday 11.30.22 @ Discovery.
eLearning Instructions if Needed for Inclement Weather Days
Reporting Student Absences
Another option is to go to your Skyward Family Access Account and follow these steps:
- Click on the Attendance Tile for the child who will be absent.
- Click on the Absence Requests Tab
- Click Add Absence Request on the right side of the screen
- Enter Start and End Date
- Check All Day if the absence will be the entire school day
- Attendance Reason - Choose from the drop down menu
- Comment - Add any information regarding the absence reason
- Click SAVE in the upper right hand corner