From 200 million to 145 million years
How the Jurassic Period got its name
Location and climate
The start of mammals
A medium sized theropod. It had a small crest on its nose, and its teeth curved strongly backwards.
Had an unusual horizontal crest on its head. The crest ran from ear to ear. It was probably used for display, to attract mates.(These dinosaurs are only meat eating dinosaurs found in Antarctica).
Was closely related to Coelophysis, and like Coelophysis, it also may have hunted and lived in packs. The size and structure of its eyes suggest that it may have been active mainly at night. Megalosaurus was the first dinosaur to be names in 1824
- Theropods became the largest meat-eaters ever to live on land during this period.
- Also Jurassic Theropods were larger and more fearsome than their Triassic ancestors.
- Early in the Jurassic Period, a group of small theropods gave rise to the first birds.
- Cryolophosaurus. N.d. Http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs38/i/2008/363/d/7/Cryolophosaurus_by_PaleoPastori.jpg, n.p.
- .Megapnosaurus. N.d. Https://sauropedia.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/megapnosaurus-kayentakatae.jpg, n.p
- .Pangaea. N.d. Http://mail.colonial.net/~hkaiter/Aaa_web_images2012/pangaea.png, n.p.
.Proceratosaurus. N.d. Http://10.10.2.1:8080/ibreports/images/bi.jpg?fn=Default&fp=1&ip=10.20.15.86&ibip=10.10.2.1&ldu=0&re=0&bu=imageproxy.jxs.cz/~nd01/jxs/cz~/105/840/bf45a74461_34973672_o2.jpg&bc=Website%20contains%20prohibited%20Web%20Proxies%20content.#,
The World Book Encyclopedia J-K. Vol. 11. Chicago, IL: World Book, 2014. Print
Fierce Dinosaurs!: The Large Theropods. Chicago: World Book, 2013. Print.
"Jurassic : Jurassic Climate and Tectonic Activity." Jurassic : Jurassic Climate and Tectonic Activity. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 May 2015.