CDS Middle School
August 28th, 2020
The day was filled with building community, getting to know new faces, and unpacking their bags filled with school supplies and textbooks, only to pack them up again at the end of the day. Students had their first change to practice social distancing in classrooms, hallways, and the cafeteria.
The transition to distance learning is certainly not what we were hoping for, but we are very grateful to have one day with students at school. We can't wait to see them again in person.
Schedule for Online Learning
CCs: When we are online learning, some teachers may offer CCs on Wednesdays if it is possible. If the offered CC is not possible to do online, they will begin as soon as we return to campus.
Lab: Students do not have a specific place to be during Lab time, Monday-Thursday 9:30-9:55. Students might meet with teachers at this time, or use the time to take a screen break, grab a snack, or move around. Period 2 starts at 10:00am.
Flex: Flex will be offered for students if we're still online in the next couple of weeks. This is a great time for students to seek extra help from teachers. Teachers may call students to their Flex blocks as well. Flex will resume in a way similar to last year once we return to campus.
Google Classroom: Students and parents can see all of their upcoming assignments in Google Classroom.
Tips for Distance Learning from your CDS MS Teachers
Back to School Night
We are so excited to welcome all of you back to CDS for another fantastic year of growth in the 2020-21 school year. While we would have preferred to have seen you all on campus tonight, we are proud to share our Digital Back to School Night with you.
다가오는 2020-21학년에도 함께 하게 되어 매우 기쁩니다. 이번 한 해도 학생 및 학부모님들과 함께 성장하는 시간이 되기를 기대합니다. 오늘 밤 캠퍼스에서 학부모님들을 모두 뵙고 싶었지만, 시국에 맞추어 저희 디지털 백 투 스쿨 나이트를 여러분과 함께 공유하게 되었습니다.
Please click here to view the Digital Back to School Night website.
링크를 클릭하시면 디지털 백투스쿨나이트 웹사이트로 이동합니다.
We hope this site provides you the opportunity to get to know who your students will be spending the year with, an introduction to the classes that they are taking this year, and an overview of CDS Middle School as a whole.
디지털 백투스쿨나이트 웹사이트를 통해 CDS 중학생들이 올해 어떤 학교생활을 보낼 것인지, 학생들이 수강하는 수업들에 대한 소개, 그리고 CDS 중학교 전반에 대한 알 수 있는 기회를 제공하고자 합니다.
If you have any questions or wish to speak with any of your child’s teachers virtually, please do not hesitate to contact them via email.
질문이 있으시거나 학생의 선생님과 화상 면담을 원하시는 경우, 언제든지 선생님들께 이메일
Fall Co-Curriculars (CCs)
CC Sign Ups are on Saturday, August 29th at 10:00am. Remember, CCs are first come, first serve, so try to sign up right away. Our hope is that students can get their first or second choice of CCs!
Our Fall Sports Season Postponed
- Regular Practices twice a week
- Game Opportunities against our own teammates with in house competitions
- Strict Protocols like wearing a mask at all times, sanitizing equipment before, during, and after practice, and social distancing as much as possible will be enforced by coaches
In order to participate, parents must complete the Athlete Participation Form and the After School Permission Form. If these forms are not completed and given to the coach, students will not be able to participate in sports.
If you have more information, check out our CDS MS Athletic Website, or emailing Mr. Monette (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please read the information regarding safe protocols for our sports seasons this year.
After School Programs (ASPs)
CDS Return to School Plan
- After School: Unless students are participating in sports or After School Programs, students should leave campus immediately. The school will be closed at 5:00pm each day for sanitation.
- Guests on Campus: Guests, including parents, are not allowed in the school building during the school day unless they have an appointment. If you need to come in the school building for any reason, you must contact the Middle School Office first.
- Absences: If you suspect your child has any of the symptoms of COVID or will be absent for any reason, contact the Middle School Office. Students will be expected to get their schoolwork completed once they recover, but your child's safety and health take priority over their school work. If they are home from school with mild symptoms, they can check their Assignment Packets and Google Classroom for all of their assignments. They can also communicate with their teachers via email. Once your child returns to school, we will make sure they utilize Lab and Flex time to get caught up with their teachers on the content they missed. If there is a case where someone in our community is diagnosed with COVID, the school will switch to distance learning until we are allowed to reopen campus.
- Lunch: As students walk through the line, they can communicate with the cafeteria serving staff about portion size and decline something if they do not wish to have it. But the choice of western meal or Korean meal is not offered during the first term. Being safe and efficient is key while serving and eating in the cafeteria. Limiting choice is a function of utilizing the resources we have to achieve safety and efficiency.
- Water bottles: We highly recommended that students bring their own water bottle.This will eliminate extra trips to the water dispenser and keep the water dispenser more sanitary.
Our Return to School Plan is a working document that will be updated as we begin the new school year and throughout the year. Some protocols may change, and we will be sure to share the changes with you once they are made.