Empowering Students: Engaging, Supporting, Succeeding
September 30, 2022
National Hispanic Heritage Month (9/15 - 10/15)
National Principals Month
National Domestic Violence Awareness Month
National Disability Employment Awareness Month
National Physical Therapy Month
National Down Syndrome Awareness Month
Global Diversity Awareness Month
LGBTQ+ History Month
German Heritage Month
- October 1-7: National German-American Week Celebrating and Promoting German Teaching and Learning!
- Sun. October 2: National Custodial Worker's Recognition Day- A HUGE Thank You to these amazing staff members who help keep our facilities looking great!
- Mon. October 3 - 12: Ninth Annual SD 308 & Allied First Bank Food Drive!
- Tues. October 4: (4:30-6pm) Open Interviews
- Tues. October 4 - Special Olympics Basketball Registration
- Wed. October 5: Equity Committee Meeting 5:30 at District Administration Center
- Fri. October 7: School Improvement Day (3.5 Hour student attendance)
- No Early Childhood Classes
- Fri. October 7: Kendall County Community Food Pantry - Oswego Satellite 5:30-7 at 61 Franklin Street, Oswego
- Mon. October 10: No School - Indigenous Peoples'/Columbus Day (District Closed)
- Tue. October 11: Board of Education Meeting 7:15pm - at OEHS or live stream
- Fri. October 14: Crosstown Game @ Oswego East Click Here for Game & Ticket Information
- Mon. October 17: Policy & Legislative Committee Meeting
- Tues. October 18: Teaching & Learning Committee Meeting
- Thurs. October 20: Northern Illinois Food Bank's Mobile Pantry @ Long beach Elementary (5-6:30pm)
- Mon. October 24: Board of Education Meeting 7:15 pm - at OEHS or live stream
For complete District Calendar of Events, please click here.
MONDAY...........WHO IS READY?
- Food drive will run from Monday, October 3 through Wednesday, October 12
- Crosstown Game: Friday, October 14 at Oswego East
- Two ways to participate: Monetary Donations & Physical Items
- Every $1 donated equals 8 physical items
- Donate for your school (starting on Oct. 3) at: www.KCCFoodPantry.org/SD308
- Let's make this the BEST year yet!
When: Tuesday, October 4
Time: 4:30 - 6:00pm
Location: District Administration Office, 4175 IL-71, Oswego, Illinois (Door 3).
Come Join Us during this streamlined approach to hiring. Job seekers will have the opportunity to meet with a human resources representative and leaders from around the school district to discuss various positions which are open within SD 308.
A MESSAGE FROM FOOD SERVICES:
- ***October 1st*** is the deadline to submit a Free & Reduced Meals Application
- Please note: The 30-day grace period from last year's application is coming to an end.
- This is the same program that was in place prior to COVID-19.
- To help make the line move faster in the cafeteria, please remind your student(s) to carry their ID and have it ready
- Please continue to check meal balance accounts in your student(s) wallets. Many students are currently showing negative balances at this time.
The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) has issued a call for nominations for the Those Who Excel & Teacher of the Year Awards. This program recognizes seven categories: classroom teachers, early career educators (teachers 1-4 years), administrators, student support personnel, educational service personnel, community volunteers, and teams.. These awards honor individuals who have made significant contributions to Illinois’ public and nonpublic preK-12 schools. This year, any person or organization may submit nominations for the awards through the ISBE website.
ISBE is currently accepting nominations through NOVEMBER 18. To nominate an individual, visit Submit a Nomination Application.
B.I.O.N.I.C. (Believe It Or Not I Care) - A huge shout-out to the students and staff members of the B.I.O.N.I.C. club, which is a student-run peer leadership organization run out of Oswego High School, for recently being featured in ISBE’s Weekly Message of September 27, 2022! Click Here to see this club after completion of a TALK training regarding Social Media Safety as part of their work to identify and train student leaders to prevent bullying. B.I.O.N.I.C.'s mission is to identify and train student leaders. For more information, please visit their B.I.O.N.I.C. page.
Get ON BOARD as an SD 308 Bus Driver!
Paid Time Off! Attendance Bonuses! Retirement Benefits! Guaranteed Hours! Rewarding Work!
- Experienced drivers start quick! Those interested in learning how to drive a bus will receive paid training and assistance with obtaining all the necessary certifications and license.
- If you're a positive person, have a good driving record, enjoy helping others, and want a stable job with overtime opportunities- join us!
Student Bus Route Information
Not Riding The Bus?
- If your student(s) are assigned to a route and you are NOT using bus transportation, please let us know by completing this quick four question form .....Thank you!
Transportation Phone Line: (630)636-2999 Spanish: (630)636-2986
NEEDED: Student Volunteers
The Oswego High School Holiday Craft Fair, which is being held on November 5 (9-3:30) is currently looking for student volunteers. This is a GREAT opportunity to for junior high and high school students to earn Community Service hours. Please contact: Mrs. Seno at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.636.2009 if interested.
Chromebook Insurance Open Enrollment Closes 🔺**Oct. 1**🔺
Open enrollment for Chromebook Insurance ends October 1! The insurance policy is for accidental damage and theft. There is no deductible and it will cover all repair costs and the cost of replacement should it get stolen. With the average repair cost above $50, it more than pays for itself the first time you use it and you can take advantage of it an unlimited number of times during the coverage year.
- We highly recommend that every 5th - 12th grade family whose student(s) have a take home device to consider enrolling in this program. Check the flyer for all the information on how to register, enrollment dates, and the cost.
Please Spread The Word- We're Hiring!!
The district has positions available that are both full and part-time. There are openings for those with certifications and those without. Entry-level and experienced staff welcome!
If you're interested, we can help match you to a position that works with your interests and availability! Please feel free to email our recruitment specialist for assistance. View all openings and apply at www.sd308.org/jobs.
Share a Smile 🙂
Use this simple form to send a virtual smile to any staff member at SD308! The recipient will receive an e-message which includes your "smile"- which will brighten their day! Thank you for helping us let our staff know how important they are, and how much we all appreciate what they do for our students!