PCHS Weekly Updates
June 3, 2022
Note from Mrs. McBride & Mrs. Woods
Happy last Friday of the 2022-23 school year!
Class of 2022 Students & Families: We are watching the weather closely for Sunday morning's graduation ceremony. We will make a call by Saturday morning about whether to proceed in the stadium or to move the event inside, which would limit the capacity to 6 guests per graduate. We sure hope we can keep it outside!
We've got 1 full day and 2 half days to go! Let's make them good ones for all. :) Below is the schedule for our half days on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Tuesday, June 7
5th Hour: 7:30-8:17 (47)
Seminar: 8:22-9:09 (47)
6th Hour: 9:14-10:01 (47)
7th Hour: 10:06-10:55 (49)
Wednesday, June 8
1st Hour: 7:30-8:17 (47)
2nd Hour: 8:22-9:09 (47)
3rd Hour: 9:14-10:01 (47)
4th Hour: 10:06-10:55 (49)
Report cards will be available for viewing in MiStar on Friday, June 17.
Have a beautiful weekend, and see many of you on Sunday morning!
Mrs. McBride & Mrs. Woods
PCHS Summer Hours
- June 9-June 30 - 9:00am-2:00pm
- July - Closed
- August 1-August 26 - 9:00am-2:00pm
Start of 2022-23 School Year
- Registration Days: Week of August 15-19. Further details to come.
- First Day of School Year: Monday, August 29.
Join in on Spirit Week!
Sunday, June 5, 10 AM at Pirate Stadium.
Seniors must report at 9AM.
You may decorate your caps. Make sure they are school appropriate.
You won’t receive your diploma if:
You owe money - check MiStar regularly.
You have an outstanding Michigan Virtual Course that needs to be completed.
Check in with your Mentor, Mrs. Bogardus
You need to complete credits.
Check in with your counselor Mrs. Perales or Ms. Robinson
Graduation Livestream Link!
Looking for Pinckney Gear?
Or head on over to our athletic site here!
A Pirate's Best Friend - Updates
Donate below to help us to continue to grow our therapy dog program at PCS!
What's Happening in Seminar?
This week, clubs met, 9th graders analyzed their scores from fall to spring on the NWEA and set goals for the coming year, and we all clapped out the seniors!
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
2021-22 PCHS Calendar: Check out the 2021-22 school year calendar here!
- June 5 - PCHS Class of 2022 Graduation - 10am @ Pirate Stadium
- June 7 - Half Day (7:30-10:55am)
- June 8 - Half Day (7:30-10:55am) & Last Day of 2021-22 School Year!
Upcoming Week's Athletic Schedule - Go Pirates!!
If you have any questions please let your counselor know:
Ms. Robinson (A-Le) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Perales (Li- Z) - email@example.com
PCHS Summer School
If a student would like to pursue credit recovery over the summer, there will be a mandatory meeting on June 1st at 7pm for parents and students in PATHFINDER Room 404/405, near the Board of Ed entrance on the Pathfinder Campus. You will be registering for classes that evening, so please bring along the attached form and payment. Below is a message from our Summer School Mentor, Ms. Kim Cummins.
Hello Pirate Families,
I am Kim Cummins, the mentor for credit recovery this summer. I am looking forward to meeting you on June 1st at 7PM for the mandatory meeting at Pathfinder Room 404/405 through the Board of Education entrance on the Pathfinder Campus.
The Q&A below is designed to serve as a reference for what you can expect from your summer school experience.
What is credit recovery?
● Summer classes run 10 weeks
● Classes start June 3, Classes end August 12 at 11:59 PM
● The end date of August 12 is a hard deadline; there are no extensions.
● Classes are asynchronous and all content is front end loaded (Yes! You can work ahead!!!)
● All courses have a pacing guide, broken down by week to keep you on track!
● As soon as you are registered you can begin working on your class. Please get started
now. Do not wait until our first in-person check-in.
Do I have to pay for summer classes? / How much does it cost?
● The cost of an Essentials version (credit recovery class) is $107.50
● The cost of a Plus class (credit advancement) is $162.50
●You need to pay for your class by June 24, 2022, or you will be dropped from the course. This charge will be added to your student account on MiStar.
● If you determine the program is not for you, classes need to be dropped by June 24 or
you will be charged.
What are the student expectations?
● All summer school students must check-in IN PERSON for a minimum of 3 hours a week in Pathfinder Room 404/405 on the Pathfinder Campus.Copy of Credit Recovery Calendar
● The first check-in will be the week of June 13th.
● It is critical for students to check their email daily, communication from Michigan Virtual
and their Mentor will come through email.
● Students are expected to follow class pacing guides, completing assignments and
assessments in order.
What can I expect from my Michigan Virtual Teacher?
● All academic support and instruction will be provided by the Michigan Virtual teacher
● If you are struggling with course content, reach out to your teacher ASAP, ten weeks will
go by quickly, so don't allow yourself to get behind!
● All grading is done by the MV teacher (teachers have 72 hours M-F) to complete grading
● MV teachers have 24 hours (M-F) to respond to email.
*If you are a student with a 504 or IEP, your documentation will be sent to your instructor.
Is there tutoring help available?
● Yes! This is brand new through Michigan Virtual!!! When you are logged into Brightspace (MV's learning management system), there will be a “Tutor Services” link on the top menu bar. Click there for help!
What can I expect from my Summer School Mentor (Ms. Kim Cummins)?
● Face-to-face weekly progress meetings.
● I will work to support you and keep you on track so you can successfully complete your
● I will help facilitate communication between you and Michigan Virtual if needed
● I provide passwords so you can access tests and quizzes. It may take up to 24 hours for
me to secure passwords from instructors so please plan ahead.
● If parents are looking for progress/grade updates please feel free to email me and
request that information.
● I will be checking my email on Tuesday through Thursday each week, that will be the most expeditious way to get in
touch with me this summer firstname.lastname@example.org.
● I look forward to working with you this summer!
Local Employment Opportunities
Pinckney Community Schools: https://pinckneypirates.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
If you know someone who would thrive in a small learning community environment focused on student connection, empowerment, and preparedness for life beyond high school, send them our way!
- Full-Day Schedule: 7:30am-2:30pm
- Half-Day Schedule: 7:30am-10:55am
- Friday Early Release Schedule: 7:30am-1:09pm
- PCHS is a closed campus. Only those approved to leave the building (i.e. for CTE, Dual Enrollment, Co-Op, sign-out) may exit the building during school hours through the North or South entrance. This is in service of ensuring all students are safely where they should be!
- If running late to school, students need to park in the Main Entrance lot (South side) in order to sign in at the Main Office. The North doors will be locked after 7:45am.
- Students are now assigned parking spots as a part of purchasing a parking pass. Make sure you're parking in your spot!
- PCS Transportation Code of Conduct
- 7th-12th Grade PCS 2021-22 Student Handbook