The Most Essential Nutrient
Carbohydrates By: Jasmine Serrell
Functions of Carbohydrates...
- Providing energy and regulation of blood glucose.
- Sparing the use of proteins for energy.
- Breaking down fatty acids and preventing ketosis.
- Biological recognition processes
- Flavor and Sweeteners
- Dietary fiber
Why is Carbohydrate the most essential nutrient?
1. It is the key for energy, speed, stamina, concentration, recovery and better fluid balance.
2. They are vital for athletes and people who are active because it is the primary fuel for your body.
3. Without Carbohydrates, you body won't have the energy to support you daily mental and physical activities.
4. They continuously store energy so you wont get tired so fast.
1.K., Christin. "What Are a List of Examples of Carbohydrates?" Yahoo! Answers. Yahoo!, 26 June 2006. Web. 15 Jan. 2015.
2. Jeffrey, Katie. "Why Are Carbs Important?" ACTIVE.com. Katie Jeffrey, 4 Apr. 2014. Web. 15 Jan. 2015.
3. Downey, Lillian. "What Are Some Examples of Carbohydrates?" EHow. Demand Media, 30 Mar. 2010. Web. 15 Jan. 2015.