Downs Top Notchers 4-H Club
ZOOM MEETING: JAN. 17 @ 4:00
Our January business meeting will be online due to Extension Office COVID restrictions.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 729 6420 7337
SEPTEMBER 2020-AUGUST 2021 TENTATIVE MEETING SCHEDULE
Sunday, September 27 - 5:00 - ZOOM Meeting Online
Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 4:00 @ Downs Fire Station
Sunday, November 15, 2020 - 4:00 @ Downs Fire Station
Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 9:00-11:00 a.m. - Service project @ Midwest Food Bank
Sunday, January 17, 2021 - 4:00 - ZOOM Meeting Online
Sunday, February 21, 2021 - 4:00 - TBD
Sunday, March 14, 2021 - 4:00 - TBD
Sunday, April 18, 2021 - 4:00 - TBD
Sunday, May 16, 2021 - Time TBD - Dooley Park Service Project ??
June - TBD - Field Trip?
Sunday July 18, 2021 - 4:00 - TBD
Sunday August 15, 2021 - 4:00 - TBD
4-H EXTENSION OFFICE INFO
- IL Extension Website: https://extension.illinois.edu/global/4-h-youth-development
- McLean County Extension Website: https://extension.illinois.edu/lmw/4-h-mclean-county
- 4-H Online: https://v2.4honline.com/#/user/sign-in
4-H SHOW REQUIREMENTS
- 4-H member MUST be enrolled in 4-H & by April 15, be enrolled in the project area that the member intends to exhibit at the summer 4-H Show.
- 4-H member MUST attend at least 3 club meetings or club/4-H events
- 4-H member MUST give a talk or demo at a club meeting
The 2020 McLean County Fair Book is online at
MCLEAN COUNTY 4-H ANNUAL ENROLLMENT
- Children between the ages of 5-7 by Sept. 1 can join as a Clover Bud member.
- Children between the ages of 8-18 by Sept. 1 can join as a 4-H member.
- Online registration for the 2020-2021 year should begin soon on 4-H Online.
- Returning members are encouraged to enroll by Nov. 13, 2020.
- The deadline for all returning AND new members to enroll in order to show at the 4-H fair is April 15, 2021.
- Project choice info is HERE.
- June ??, 2021 is the last day to enroll for the 4-H Show in Fair Entry.
For questions, please contact county 4-H staff at the McLean County Extension Office at (309) 663-8306.
2020-2021 MEMBER ACTIVITY RECORD
TALKS & DEMONSTRATION INFO
YQCA & QAEC TRAINING FOR ANIMAL PROJECTS
4-H members exhibiting animals entering the food production system will be required to complete the Youth for the Quality Care of Animal certification (YQCA). It will replace former trainings: PQA and QAEC. This program is the industry-standard certification. The training must be completed each year and local Extension offices will offer the training. Horses, dogs, and cats will still be required to take the Quality Assurance and Ethics (QAEC) training. This training is only required once in the member’s career. Contact 4-H Staff at your local Extension office with questions and be on the lookout for our local training dates.
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
For more information on scholarships visit https://4h.extension.illinois.edu/members/scholarships
MCLEAN COUNTY 4-H FEDERATION
Meetings are held the 4th Monday of each month.
2020-2021 OFFICER TEAM
President - Zach Hepner
VP - Morgan Mouser
Treasurer - Jack Walker
Secretary - Adelina Baumann
Reporter/Historian - OPEN
Recreation Committee - OPEN
Follow the Downs Top Notchers on Instagram:
Join the Downs Top Notchers Remind Text Group:
Text @86h4fa to 81010
Sign Up Genius: