Downs Top Notchers 4-H Club
NEW CLUB LEADER
NEXT MEETING: OCTOBER 9
We will have a business meeting and members are welcome to give a talk/demo. Clover Buds will have an activity but we will need a parent volunteer to run the activity.
SEPTEMBER 2022 - AUGUST 2023 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
Sunday, September 11 - Cancelled
Sunday, October 9 - 4:00 - TVES Library - last meeting at TVES
Sunday, November 13 - 4:00 - Location TBD
Sunday, December 11 - 4:00 - Location TBD
Sunday, January 8 - 4:00 - Location TBD
Sunday, February 12 - 4:00 - Location TBD
Sunday, March 12 - 4:00 - Location TBD
Sunday, April 16 - 4:00 - Location TBD
Saturday, May 6 - 2:30 - ?? Dooley Park - flower planting, weeding & park clean up service project ?? - Depends on TV Greenhouse Sale and Mrs. Myers's schedule
June - Field Trip TBD
July - Meeting TBD
Sunday Aug. 13 - 4:00 - Location TBD - New Officer Elections?
4-H EXTENSION OFFICE INFO
- IL Extension Website: https://extension.illinois.edu/global/4-h-youth-development
- McLean County Extension Website: https://extension.illinois.edu/lmw/4-h-mclean-county
- 4-H Online: https://v2.4honline.com/#/user/sign-in
MCLEAN COUNTY 4-H ANNUAL ENROLLMENT
- Children between the ages of 5-7 by Sept. 1 can join as a Clover Bud member.
- Children between the ages of 8-18 by Sept. 1 can join as a 4-H member.
- Online registration for the 2022-2023 year is open on the new Z Suites Platform. There is a $20 fee per child. The fee is waived if you enroll by Oct. 31, 2022.
- May 1st deadline for project enrollment as this pertains to the local 4-H shows and not 4-H enrollment. That deadline will be for all returning AND new members.
- Project choice info is HERE or view the new Project Spark sheets.
- The Extension Office is no longer providing project books. You can purchase project books online at the 4-H Shop.
- ???, 2023 is the last day to enroll for the 4-H Show in Fair Entry.
For questions, please contact county 4-H staff at the McLean County Extension Office at (309) 663-8306.
4-H SHOW REQUIREMENTS
- 4-H member MUST be enrolled in 4-H with projects selected by May 1, 2023, be enrolled in the project area that the member intends to exhibit at the summer 4-H Show.
- 4-H member MUST attend at least 3 club meetings or club/4-H events
- 4-H member MUST give a talk or demo at a club meeting
McLean County Fair: August 2022
2022 4-H Fair Book:
2022 4-H Show Registration: https://fairentry.com/Fair/SignIn/16532
4-H PROJECT RECORD FORMS
TALKS & DEMONSTRATION INFO
YQCA & QAEC TRAINING FOR ANIMAL PROJECTS
These trainings are for members enrolled in an animal class being exhibited at the 4-H Show this summer. This includes animal science and animal poster projects.
All members exhibiting in an animal class will need to take the QAEC training. Only members exhibiting beef cattle, dairy cattle, swine, sheep, and goats at the 4-H Show will need to also take YQCA.
The deadline to complete training is June 28.
Click here for the YQCA training link. This training is virtual and costs $12 and must be taken every year.
Click here for the QAEC training link. This training is virtual and is free and is only required once.
For more information or questions? Contact Sky Holland.
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
For more information on scholarships visit https://4h.extension.illinois.edu/members/scholarships
MCLEAN COUNTY 4-H FEDERATION
Meetings are held the 4th Monday of each month.
2021-2022 OFFICER TEAM
President - Jack Walker
VP - Aleia Baumann
Treasurer - Addison Zwilling
Secretary - Arabella Baumann
Reporter/Historian - Harper Knobloch
Recreation Committee - OPEN
Follow the Downs Top Notchers on Instagram:
Join the Downs Top Notchers Remind Text Group:
Text @86h4fa to 81010
McLean County Extension Office - 309-663-8306 or https://extension.illinois.edu/lmw/contact