Mohamed Ali // Career Report Assignment // Period 5th
Description // What do Psychiatrist do?
- Earn a Medical degree
- Gain residency training and become licensed for 4 years
Key Skills That You Need to Have
- leadership skills
- organizational skills
- problem solving
- empathy; be able to understand and listen to someone
- lots of patience
- The base median salary in Saint Paul is $198,817.
- I researched and there our more psychiatrists needed outside of the metro.
It would seem right if more psychiatrists were needed in the metro wether outside of it.
Disadvantages of this career
- They have to assist people and sometimes its hard to identify there problem, theres not some standardized testing method.
- Insurances put limits on a patients time to use a psychiatrist because a psychiatrist spends most of their time talking to their patients, which means they wont get the proper help they get.